“Not worth it” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I went to Cava with a large group of people. We had made a reservation and chosen 7 dishes in advance. The dishes were very small, as expected for this kind of a restaurant, but the food didn't taste good, with the only exception of the nachos and guacamole, which were really tasty.

There was way too much time in between dishes, which coupled with the small size of the dishes just kept people hungry for the whole evening. After sitting there for 4 hours we had only been served 5 out of 7 dishes and the waiters weren't coming around much anymore to refill on the drinks either. The staff was very friendly though and the waitresses seemed to be doing their best.

The music was really loud, so loud that it was impossible to have much conversation. Having to wait so long for the food and not being able to spend that time talking to each other because of the loud music made this a very disappointing evening. Eventually much of the group gave up on waiting for the rest of the food and relocated to a different restaurant before all the meals had been served.

You know that a restaurant is a fail when visitors leave it starving enough to walk right into another restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Belfast
“Delicious food served with a smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The waitress was very helpful when explaining the menu to us.
They recommended a local Christmas beer which was delicious.
The guacamole nachos were fantastic, the guacamole was clearly freshly made that day.
We went for the tapas style small courses. The portion sizes were as expected for this type of menu and the food was delicious.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Delicious, very reasonable meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Happened upon this place by chance and had a delicious meal-not fine dining but really good food done well and perfect for travellers on the go. Had a selection of smaller courses as "tapas" (4-5 perfect between 2) but each one was perfectly cooked and extremely tasty-would definitely recommend!

Reykjavik, Iceland
“Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I visited Cava with a large group of friends (15-20 people). Since it was a large group we of course booked tables, settled on an 8-course menu and hoped for the best.

To begin with, we were seated in different areas of the restaurant, splitting up the group. I know it's not always possible to seat a large group of people together, so it wasn't something that bothered us greatly.

The waiters did their best but obviously did not know what was going on. After waiting for three hours (!!) my table had gotten a total of 3 out of 8 courses, all of which were extremely small in portion. After almost three and a half hours, we were then served dessert as if everything was going swimmingly.

The real shame is that the food, what little of it I actually received, was not bad at all. Suffice it to say I left extremely disappointed, hungry and with ringing ears (the music was almost at a dance club volume).

Had it not been for a group of friends to spend the evening with, this would be one of the biggest waste of three hours I have ever encountered.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
“It took them 3 hours to *not* serve me food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The waiters did the best they could, but this was chaotic at best. My friends and I ordered the 8-dish menu. We had to sit for around 45 minutes between courses, and we got a total of 3 courses plus cake. While we sat there, with no food, the music is so loud that we couldn't talk to each other without yelling.

The food I recieved was literally one small plate, then two quesadillas smaller than my palm. That was the grand 8-course menu... and they just kept piling nachos on our table. I didn't leave hungry, since I had plenty of time to eat all the nachos in the world (instead of the standard bread basket), but that was NOT what I ordered and NOT what I came there for.

Avoid.