“The best guide in Iceland” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 208 activities in Reykjavik
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Always Iceland is an Icelandic tour operator offering 4x4 Super Jeep tours up on the highlands of Iceland.
Oslo, Norway
“The best guide in Iceland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you want to go on a exiting tour when you visit Iceland I recommend you to use Always Iceland. We have visited Iceland 4 times now, and used Always Iceland all the times. Our guide Oli know the history of the country and can tell you everything you want to know, and a little more :) A tour with Always Iceland suits for everyone. We have been on a tour just me and my boyfriend, with friends, with our company and with children, and everyone who have joined us have loved the tours. We will use Always Iceland every time we come back to this beautiful country.

Visited October 2013
588hjk, Owner at Always Iceland Day Tours, responded to this review, October 24, 2013

best from Iceland
Oli

East Windsor, New Jersey
“Great Time in Iceland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We coordinated all of our tours with Always Iceland Day Tours. Our guide Oli was very professional and very easy to deal with. He picked us up at the airport on time and was always waiting for us beforehand for every tour.

We had a great time on every tour and we would use Always Iceland Day Tours again and again.

I recommend taking the ATV and cave tour, the full Golden Circle Tour with snowmobiling and the Blue Lagoon tour.

Overall, every experience was a lot of fund and we were happy with our tours.

Visited October 2013
588hjk, Owner at Always Iceland Day Tours, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“An incredible day tour into the West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Trying out different tours for my second trip to Iceland, I came across Always Iceland's super jeep tours and decided to give it a go. We did the Western Iceland tour on an autumn's day with the unpredictable Icelandic weather, which personally I love because you never know what to expect! Oli was extremely accommodating from the start, ever since we booked him in late March until we arrived in September, where he was waiting bright and early for us outside our apartments. He knew all the right places for us to stop for photographs and little walks, and was very patient with my needs to take a few timelapses. Needless to say, with his experience as a guide and his love for Iceland, the informative and entertaining stories kept coming and I wasn't bored for a second on this tour. Despite having bad weather at the glacier Langjokull, Oli made sure he drove as far up as he could and we got to witness the blustering glacier winds and snow, which I appreciated very much! Even when I wanted to take a little walk out in the crazy winds and snow, he came out with me and walked ahead to make sure I didn't fall into unseen snow traps and that resulted in him stepping into a very muddy path which was disguised as snow. What a great guy.
10 hours of this tour went by much too quickly when I was truly having the time of my life, ending with a drive up the mountains through a rocky old road seldom used anymore and amazing sunrays peering through clouds like spotlights. I'm looking forward to my next visit to Iceland in the summer or the winter and I'm definitely recommending this tour 100% to anyone. There's really no better way to travel Iceland but in a super jeep and definitely with Oli! :)

Visited September 2013
Narberth, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Great trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family did the South Coast tour with Oli as our driver. We saw some beautiful sites, and Oli was a knowledgeable guide, answering all kinds of questions about the area and Iceland in general. He kept my three boys (ages 5, 8, and 10) entertained (especially with fun driving on the sand dunes at the coast) and even helped us call in a pizza to pick up on the way back into Reykjavik when it was clear the boys were completely worn out. Great trip, highly recommended!

Visited August 2013
“A phenomenal experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

At the recommendation of a friend, my friend and I booked the 4x4 tour of the Golden Circle and Glacier with Oli. As we discovered when Oli arrived to pick us up, no one else had booked for this day so we essentially got a private tour of these amazing sights. We knew the tour would be the highlight of our trip - and even then, it exceeded our expectations. The national park, the geyser, the waterfalls, the volcanic hole and the countryside were all incredible - but the glacier was truly phenomenal. It felt like walking on the moon, and it was unlike anything else we had ever seen - and this alone made the price of the tour worth it.

We also can't say enough about Oli - throughout the day, he relayed fascinating history about Iceland and his experience living there, and welcomed our questions about the history, the culture, etc. He was a gracious host/tour guide, very funny, and an expert offroading driver. We learned so much, and got to see so much during a very fun day. Highly recommend.

Visited August 2013