“Absolutely wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited on Saturday 2nd March 2013 to celebrate our engagement, and we had a fantastic evening!

The staff were very welcoming as we came in, the ambiance of the restaurant was so cozy and inviting. A male member of staff helped us choose a bottle of wine, whilst another waitress recommended the most delicious sushi I have ever eaten!!

The staff were fabulous and I wish I lived in Reykjavik so I could eat here every evening! Thank you so much! :)

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
“The sushi is extraordinarily delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Just came back from Buddha cafe. The place was great and the food was delicious when they opened last year; now it is even better. My son went for the cod and I would highly recommend it. I went for the shrimp tempura, which melted in my mouth. The atmosphere is cozy by the city's main shopping street, Laugavegur.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tromsø, Troms, Norway
“Asian cuisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

As with all asian restaurants you get good value for money. Unfortunately the food isn't too exciting, and especially the sushi disappointed me.
The staff is friendly and the menu ranges wide, but the taste is everything for me and this one didn't do the trick for me.

Visited February 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“A lovely experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We wandered into the Buddha Café really to find out what the A-board offer of a "5 course surprise menu" consisted of and rather liked the sound of it. The menu was: salmon sashimi with caviar, skewered chicken in a sticky sauce, sliced duck, tempura sushi and California rolls, and crème brûlée with green tea ice. The price also included a drink. My husband had a Blue Buddha cocktail and I had a Mayan Hot Chocolate cocktail. Both were delicious. The food was amazingly good and surprisingly filling and the service was beautifully attentive without being intrusive. It was fairly quiet on the night we visited but on other evenings the place has been fully occupied and yet appears to work well. On the night we were there the gap between the courses was minimal. In fact we asked for a break between the duck and brûlée which they happily acceded to. This wasn't a cheap night out but was worth every penny (or krona!).

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Very friendly and welcoming with tasty food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This place was probably the most welcoming and friendly place we ate in Reykjavik. Our food was very tasty and served promptly. The menu probably doesn’t vary too much from a good quality Chinese/Japanese restaurant in the UK, but sometimes after a few nights of steaks you just need that oriental food fix. This place certainly works well. Definitely recommend.

• Visited February 2013