“Great service and good food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
England
“Great service and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We paid a visit here, passing it on the main street in the city and called in because it looked really inviting. The welcome was very friendly and the waiter was very helpful. The food when it arrived was delicious, it was also reasonably priced for this city.

Visited December 2012

88% Recommend
Frankfurt, Germany
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

In the heart of Reykjavík's shopping street you find the Buddha Café, which offers a great set of different, very delicious food. Service, atmosphere and prices match perfectly and the food is incredibly delicious! If you enjoy Asian dishes (Cantonese, Japanese, etc.) and/or Sushi - this is the place to got to. 100% recommendation!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aarhus, Denmark
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have been to Buddha Cafe for lunch as well as dinner and both meals were excellent. I especially enjoyed the sushi, which was just perfect for a sushi lover like me. The other dishes were also very much to my liking and it seems there is a broad selection of different asian dishes. The service was very satisfying - quick and pleasant. And the chocolate cake is to die for!! Try it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Best sushi I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was a little wary of going here as the low number of reviews (and all of them being 5/5) raised my suspicions somewhat but my girlfriend was keen to visit, so along we went on our second day in Reykjavik.

We ordered the sushi 12 piece to share for a starter and it was as good as the reviews said. The salmon and tuna pieces were melt in the mouth delicious and even the vegetable sushi was an explosion of flavour. My only regret was that I hadn't ordered the 12 piece for myself!

For my mains I had the beef in buddha sauce, which was served with rice. The beef was perfectly cooked, the sauce was tasty and sweet and the vegetables were crisp. As nice as it was, it was a bit of a comedown after the sushi but then anything would've been.

The decor is quite modern yet warm and the atmosphere is fairly good as you get a mix of younger Icelanders and also families here. The service was also the best and friendliest we encountered in Iceland (most places it seemed to be a real effort to get the waiters/esses attention) and I couldn't fault it really.

We liked it so much that we went back on our last night too and I will definitely be going back when I get around to returning to Reykjavik in the Summer months.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Idaho Springs, Colorado
“Not the Best but fun 2 visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just visited based on tripadvisor reviews. The sushi was delicious(not the best I have tasted though, we had the twelve piece mix which was very well presented. The service was just Ok.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere