“Dear guestbook of Grái Kötturinn” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Linz, Austria
“Dear guestbook of Grái Kötturinn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The facility you've been put into is a very lovely place. You have a couple of very nice people working here and the interior is so charming. I'm pretty sure you feel very comfortable here.

I've recently had breakfast at your place. Have you noticed me? Probably not. I sat pretty much in the back. The infamous Truck was exactly what I was looking for and what I found here. My way to start a day. Two fried eggs, some slices of bacon, plenty of fried potatoes, toasted bread with butter and delicious pancakes. Well, probably nothing for someone made of paper...

Though I had to notice, prices were pretty high! You have any idea why? You as a book lying must of time under the shelf should have a clue, right? Is it they use special beans for the coffee? Only organic and local ingredients? A magic sauce? If so, I'd be happy to know and I'll come back soon! Otherwise, well, dear guestbook, that might be hard now to hear, but there are other guestbooks out there.

Warm greetings from my inner heart and hope to write you soon!

Fairbanks, Alaska
“Way too expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was recommended to go here for breakfast by some locals. I was really disappointed. The portions were very small for the price. For what you could get at IHOP or any local diner for $6USD they charged close to $20USD. It would be one thing to be charged that much if the food was spectacular, but there was nothing special about it. The food was completely forgettable. Don't go here unless you like spending money for nothing.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Cute little place and very cozy! Good service (a little slow by US standards, but remember you're in Europe) and delicious food! We had eggs and the BEST pancakes I've ever had! Don't go here if you want fast and cheap (for two orders of pancakes and a cappucino, it was about $30), but check this place out if you want to spend the money and have time!

Visited May 2014
ahwatukee, arizona
“Nice breakfast option, great atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Were able to find this hard to spot cafe thanks to TA reviewer Gladaboutthat's great photos. We were stumbling about Reykjavik early morning between an overnight flight and awaiting a room. Spotted the nearby building from the aforementioned photos and stepped down from street level into the warm, friendly atmosphere of the "Grey Cat". The location is near the intersection of Ingolfstreati and Hverfisgata streets across from the Cultural House. Not a huge greasy food eater so I opted for the toast and cheese plate with an espresso, my partner had the small pancake plate, with 'real' bacon and a cappuccino, about 2600 Kr. Decent 'homemade' tasting food, tasty jam, good cheeses, though coffee drinks were kind of weak. All things considered a nice hangout atmosphere, friendly staff, cozy setting. ( I note the price for comparison purposes only - Iceland is pricey - slightly above most major cities, so I'm not complaining just providing info).

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ireland
“Good value breakfast option”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I ate here twice when I lived in Reykjavik. It's not the worst spot in town, but I think there are actually better breakfast options (Vegamot, C Is For Cookie). It's very greasy food, but plenty of it. The staff are nice and is a cute little spot. The coffee isn't up to the high standard in Reykjavik.

• Visited August 2013