“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 321 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Argentinean, Seafood, Steakhouse, Scandinavian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A five story concrete building that once housed offices on the upper floors and a metalwork company on the ground floor, now is the home of restaurant The Steakhouse on the ground floor, the four floors above are now apartments. The old harbor area of Reykjavik has in the last couple of years, changed in to a real gem where various cuisines, museums and arts and crafts have replaced the metalworks and fisheries. The newest addition is STEIKHÚSIÐ, which simply means „The Steak House”. The name is a deliberately this simple and descriptive, the aim is to be the only steakhouse you think of after the first visit. The heart of Steikhúsið is the coal oven from Mibrasa and the soul is our own way of tendering meat for at least 28 days. Those who seek for something purely Icelandic won’t be disappointed, Steikhúsið also caters to those who want the best of Icelandic lamb and fish.
West Milford, New Jersey
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Checked out this place on my last trip to Iceland with a bunch of friends and i have to say that the entire experience was fantastic. Steikhúsið is a quick 5 minute walk from Austurvöllur square and is a totally awesome Argentinian steakhouse. The atmosphere was very comfortable, the service was TOP NOTCH and the food was probably some of the best we had while in Reykjavik. I would definitely recommend this place to family and friends and plan to return here on my next trip to Iceland.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Great service tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We had a very pleasant evening here, we had tried the fish eatery's and fancied some meat, the starters Pork ribs and a Monkfish where plentiful and very tasty, we both had the aged Rib Eye main course, this was not as tender as others we had eaten before but, very tasty, the sides of mushrooms and tempura veg and the thrice cooked fries are really good. Nice size portions here you won't go hungry. Great service from the guys too who are true Icelandic.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A matter of taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

One of the reviews I read about this place summed it up really well: if the spices and ingredients they use are to your taste, you will love it. I was a bit more ambiguous about it.

However, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and even got us to taste raw skyr - which was also not to my taste! The wine was good and I enjoyed my visit, but I'm not sure I'd go back.

Visited March 2014
Paterson, New Jersey
“Best place to eat. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This place became our favorite meal on our recent trip to Iceland. The steaks were incredible as was the service and the staff. If your looking for a nice dinner with great food then eating here is a must.

Reykjavik, Iceland
“Best restaurant in Reykjavik”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is simply the best restaurant in Reykjavik, both in terms of quality of the food and service. I have dined there numerous times and not once have they disappointed me. I recommend the Langoustine and the Tenderloin.