Justifiably the best restaurant in Reykjavik, with amazing attention to detail and sourcing of the best ingredients both locally and from across Iceland. A small and intimate restaurant that has been very attractively decorated to provide an appropriate setting for an amazing gastronomic experience. We went for the 5 course surprise menu. The water in Iceland is wonderful so didn't go for wine or beer on this occasion. We had:
1. 'The Clock' - homemade skyr mozarella & Icelandic cherry tomato, dried ham with blueberry sauce, pressed ox tongue with mustard, carrot & foie gras, smoked salmon with dill, herring with boiled (goose?) egg on rye bread, trout smoked over sheep dung (really! - an Icelandic speciality)
2. Lobster tail with salmon ravioli, organic beetroot, spinach leaves & tomato couli
3. 'Lobster capucino' - slowly prepared lobster soup
4. Fillet of beef wrapped in smoked ham with pan fried duck, roasted vegetables & fondant potatoes
5. Crème brûlée made with colostrum
6. Trio of deserts: Blueberry & raspberry ice cream with crushed meringue topping, fruit salad and chocolate soufflé
And all for less than £50 a head. Such good value for a special occasion.
If you own or manage Fridrik V, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.