“Well organised, smoothly run - a fantasic time all round” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Pink Iceland is Iceland's first and foremost LGBT owned and operated travel experts. With decades of combined experience in the tourism industry in Iceland we guarantee a professional service, but perhaps more importantly a personal one. We specialize in day tours, organize self drives and host both domestic and international events. In a country where full marriage equality was reached in 2010 we welcome your enquiries about getting married here! We love a good party.So, whether it's booking short tours around Reykjavík or an all-inclusive luxury excursion around the country, you name it, we'll make it happen.  Booking with us is complimentary and you are guaranteed to receive LGBT friendly service through our partners and added value during your stay in Iceland.
3 attraction reviews
“Well organised, smoothly run - a fantasic time all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have only great praise for Pink Iceland, they booked our accommodation, tours and transfers. Our whole holiday was well organised, everything worked like clock work. We're so glad we took their Pink Golden Circle Tour with our personal guide Gudni which was great and we didn't need to worry about a thing. We were collected from our hotel and delivered back to a restaurant that was recommended during the day, Birna from Pink Iceland even booked the restaurant for us while we were on the tour. Gudni was a fantastic guide, we enjoyed the Geyzer's, the Gullfoss Waterfall, we were treated to morning snacks and and an Irish Coffee on our tour, the whole day was fantasic and finished off with a relaxing hour or two at the Laugarvatn Fontana spa. Gudni even threw in an Icelandic geology lesson for us!

We really wanted to see the Northern lIghts while we were in Iceland and Pink Iceland organised a tour for us with Reykjavik Excursions. Sadly on the first night nothing was to be seen, however we were able to go the next night for free and we saw a fantastic show - We thoroughly recommend it.

We also stayed at Frost and Fire in Hveragerði - a relaxing place with hot tubs overlooking the river, one was a too hot for us, but the naturally heated pool we could have stayed in all night. And why don't they tell you on the website that you can cook your own breakfast eggs in the hot steamy spring just outside the dining room window! - that was great suprise and you must do it, althought I when we were there cooking it 9 mins was a bit too short I'd recommend keeping it in for 10!

I wasn't really sure what to expect on this holiday but was amazed how smoothly the whole thing ran. It's one of those holidays that we say we will do again and having showed our photographs to the girls at work they have already booked the same thing for their partners.

Visited January 2013
pinkiceland, Owner at Pink Iceland Private Day Tours, responded to this review, May 18, 2013

It was a real pleasure organizing your travels and we're so happy you had such a great trip and that you saw the northern lights :)

All the best from Iceland
Birna

Los Angeles, California
“Friendly, helpful, and professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have only the highest of praise for the people who work at Pink Iceland. Not only did they do all of my bookings, but they advised me and guided me in a very friendly but professional way. My trip to Iceland would surely not have been as well-organized or as comprehensive without the help they gave me, the information they provided, and all the questions they answered. If you are planning a trip to Iceland, I recommend that you contact them and have them plan your trip.

I will never forget my trip to Iceland and I will never forget the warmth and hospitatlity of all the wonderful people that I met while I was there, especially the people at Pink Iceland.

Visited June 2012
pinkiceland, Owner at Pink Iceland Private Day Tours, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Errol

Thank you for your review, it warms our hearts :) Happy to have been such a good part of your stay in Iceland.

All the best from us at Pink Iceland
Eva María
Wigan, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Made our visit to Iceland one to remember!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Fantastic company. Prior to my visit I emailed a lot of companies in Reykjavik regarding my upcoming visit and asked a lot of questions. Birna replied very quickly to my emails and answered all of my questions and dealt with me constantly changing what I wanted to do and when with great patience.
Our first trip with Pink Iceland was the Golden Circle tour. We were picked up (early!) at our hotel by our guide Gudni. There were eight of us in total on the trip. We visited Thingvellir Park, Gulfoss, Geysir, and Kerid with plenty of time at each location. Gudni was great guide and answered all of our questions about the places we visited and Icelandic life in general. We didn’t feel rushed or crowded and I managed to get some stunning photographs of the places we visited!

That evening we also had the pleasure of attending with Gudni on a Northern Lights Hunt. Unfortunately we were not to see the lights that evening but that was not through lack of trying. Fortunately for us we were on a tour with Pink Iceland so it was not all about the Northern Lights or lack thereof. Gudni took us to one of the stores selling fireworks for the rescue services and into a cave, which was pretty exciting! We also had an amazing dinner at The Red House in great company!

Finally we also attended at the Pink Iceland New Years Eve package. We were collected from our hotel by Eva Maria and met our fellow party goes. We all attended at a local bonfire and Eva provided us with sparklers  They also had a photographer present who took photographs of us infront of the bonfire and even managed to get a nice one of me smiling (no easy feat!). We had dinner at the Tapas House (7 courses although we decided to abandon dessert to make it to the fireworks in time). The food was great as was my strawberry daiquiri! Eva collected us and took us up to the area outside of Hallgrimskirkja for the fireworks that Reykjavik is famous. We met up with Birna and Hannes here. The fireworks here are not to be missed and we even got to let off our own :-). Pink Iceland provided champagne for us too! Next it was on to a house party courtesy of Birna and Eva. They and their guests really made us feel welcome and right at home. After this is was on to a club before heading back to our hotel in the early hours of the next morning. Fab night and would love to come back next year!

I would highly recommend Pink Iceland to anyone travelling in Iceland. Professional, friendly and a pleasure to deal with! I will be going back and will be using the services of Pink Iceland. I feel as though we visited as paying guests and left with a number of new friends.

Visited December 2012
pinkiceland, Owner at Pink Iceland Private Day Tours, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hi there

It was a real pleasure to deal with you too. Very happy that you enjoyed your time in Iceland with the help of Pink Iceland, even though you were perhaps just a little scared at Hallgrimskirkja with all the fireworks :)

Give our best to your girl

Best wishes and regards from the Pink office
Birna, Eva, Hannes & Guðni
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
“PINK ICELAND - Warm, Wonderful and Welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

In August this year, my husband, Richard and I visited Iceland as part of our Scandinavian adventure and to realise our dream to be married! Sadly, at this stage, it is illegal for us to be married in our home country, Australia. However, we were extremely fortunate to find Pink Iceland on the Internet and to make contact with the CEO, Eva Maria Glimmer Thorarinsdottir Lange, who along with her partner Birna and the Pink Iceland Team, arranged our entire wedding, tours and attendance as gold pass members of the Reykjavik Pride Festival events.

We cannot thank Eva, Birna and the Pink Iceland team for making our wedding and stay in Iceland such a beautiful and special experience. They were so welcoming and warm. We felt at ease straight away and have become friends and stay in touch on a regular basis. PInk Iceland is extremely professional, efficient and thorough in everything they do for you in order to make your stay as fantastic an experience as possible. They could not have done anymore for us. They tailored everything to our needs and tastes. It is their focus to ensure that your experience is special, unique and truly wonderful. We love Iceland, it's warm and wonderful people, the beautiful and majestic scenery and the mix of arts, culture, technology and unilateral equality and freedom for all!

We love Pink Iceland and Pink Iceland Private Day Tours and would thoroughly recommend you to arrange your tours, accommodation, special events, weddings and to engage in their special events such as Rainbow Reykjavik, Bears on Ice and Reykjavik Gay Pride. RIchard and I would be back in a heart beat if we could right now! We will be back - It is a special place to us and Pink Iceland will forever remain in our hearts.

Visited August 2012
pinkiceland, Owner at Pink Iceland Private Day Tours, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Wayne and Richard

What a pleasure it has been to get to know you, take part in planning your wedding and being a part of the wedding day and get a private concert with Hera Björk :)
Thank you for the kind words and the fantastic review! We look forward to seeing you again someday (you get it? Someday?) haha

All our best
Eva & Birna
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
“Another Fabulous Time with Pink Iceland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just got back from Reykjavik with my husband. Second trip this year! This time we didn't go on any adventurous tours, but we did party hard at the Pink Party on New Year's Eve (I think they throw parties throughout the year)! The crowd was friendly and fun, and we got to meet new friends. Can't wait to go back to Iceland. Will definitely be booking more tours in the future through them. Thanks again Eva and Birna! Hugs and kisses from Tony and Junot in NYC!

Visited December 2012
Dear Junot and Tony!
It's always a pleasure having you over and so great we got to party together during New Years!

Thank you for the kind words and we'll stay in touch!

Eva, Birna, Hannes & Guðni a.k.a the Pink team