“Relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Reykjavik
Oslo, Norway
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at Björk hotel for 2 nights in the end of November last year. We were a group of 27 people and the stay was our yearly x-mas treat. We were out every night but every time managed to get safely back. I got a single room with possibility to make a tea or a coffee on my own. A bit mountain view and a lot of silence as the room faced the backyard.

The breakfasts were served in a nice dining room, serving as a restaurant in the evening. The hotel is located in a residential area, some blocks away from the main shopping street. This gave an opportunity to see some of housing architecture of the city, which is very interesting, with large streets, cubical spacious houses and a beautiful church located just behind the hotel, on a hill.

I enjoyed the experience and I rather recommend the place, if you want to see some more residential part of the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
south shields
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have been to 15 countries and this is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. No heating most of the lights don,t work and shower not working. a very very rude receptionist asked me for an extra eighty pounds or I could not stay when I had already paid for the room through the travel company, also the breakfast was pathetic to say the least, don,t go to this hotel its awful.
kind regards russell from england

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hotel Bjork proved to be everything we wanted and more. Lovely friendly staff, exceptionally clean rooms and public areas. If you want a room with a view we can recommend the 3rd floor Room 305, but any room on the 3rd floor that side of the building will have wonderful views of the mountains. Many times we made a cup of coffee and stood gazing ouy of the window at the view, which of course, with Icelandic weather is always changing.

The Restaurant at the Hotel was also a life saver, as after our journey from England it was great to have somewhere serving quality food on our doorstep and we used it again after our all day excursion with Superjeep.

The Hotel is an easy 10 minute walk from the centre of Reykjavik and is also only about 6 minutes away from the waters edge where this is a lovely walk past the Sun Voyager statue and on towards the Harpa Concert Hall and Old Harbour or in the other direction towards the another Harbour with views of Videy Island. We have heard that this walk is circular and goes completely around Reykjavic, but didnt have time to try it out - possible a very long walk?

Amazing country with such friendly people. We were made to feel so welcome. Definately somewhere we would return to.

Room Tip: Ask for 3rd Floor front for Mountain Views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I managed to get this hotel at a good price and had a lovely double room with a lovely view of the bay, although slighty obstructed by buildings which didnt bother me in the slightest. Staff were lovely and the room was exceptionally clean! I couldnt find dust anywhere.. There are tea and coffee making facilities which i could not find stated on the website as a facility so i guess it was a bit of a bonus. The breakfast offered was pretty standard, selection of breads, boiled eggs, ham, cheese, fresh fruit, hot drink facilities, small cake bites, cereal and natural Skyr Yoghurt.

It had good information on thigns to do in Iceland and the free wifi in the rooms was really useful for planning our week. For the price one of my best experiences :)

Room Tip: I shopped around online very near to the time of departure to Iceland to get good value for money on...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on my way to Sweden. My flight got in at 0530, meaning that I got to the hotel, I think around 0700. I was able to check into my room, eat breakfast and get some information about how to walk to the city center. It is about a 15 minute walk (at a sight seers pace) to the center. The hotel is also pretty close to a heated pool. The hotel staff was very helpful in arranging a airport transportation. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

stayed for 4 nights in early April 2013
i can't fault it , clean , tidy and well run all the staff were very helpful and very friendly
tours and trips can be sorted upon request with pick up and drop of at hotel via the two main tour companies ...location was great only 10 mins either way to downtown,harbour district and other sights ...good hotel in good location with good staff ....nuff said

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the mountains n harbour otherwise you'll be staring at industrial...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in April. We picked this hotel as it was getting a lot of good reviews. The hotel was lovely :) 5/10 min walk to the centre. Free parking at the front for the car. We stayed in a 3 bed room with ensuite. Our shower overflowed on the second night but they were quick to deal with it. Rooms cleaned every day and had tv/ hair dryer. Lovely breakfast which was cereals, fresh bread and ham/cheese/fish and boiled eggs.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Hotel Bjork? Share your experiences!