“This is the second time I have...” 5 of 5 stars

CenterHotel Klopp
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Klapparstigur 26, Reykjavik 101, Iceland (Miõborg)   |
Ranked #37 of 49 Hotels in Reykjavik
Boston, Massachusetts
“This is the second time I have...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is the second time I have been to Iceland. Both times, I stayed at a Centerhotel. This time, specifically at the Hotel Klopp. Nice hotel, decent breakfast, great location. Would stay again next time I go to Iceland.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We booked the hotel for the first and our last night in iceland. On arrival everything went very well. Friendly personel and two great rooms. And the next morning a great breakfast. How different was our last night. First of all weren't our rooms next to each other. We booked as a group two rooms. They placed us in two rooms which were on one the two different sides op the hotel. After a complaint we were moved to the rooms on ground level, but that's on a saturday night horrible! At last they offered us two rooms on the fifth floor, how ever they were single rooms. For the next morning we asked for a early breakfast. No breakfast, personel from the evening didn't communicate with the morning people! So we had two different nights.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the inside of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
CH_channelmanager, Manager at CenterHotel Klopp, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear Spot1647,

Thank you very much for your feedback from your stay with us. We value your feedback tremendously and will make sure to share your experience with all our staff.

We are very sorry that we failed to provide you with the services expected during your second stay with us. We are also very sorry that you were not able to receive the "early breakfast" that we provide for the early travelers that leave before 7am in the morning.
However, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful staff and that you had an enjoyable stay with us the first time around.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your second stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if we may assist with anything at all.

Eva Jósteinsdóttir
Director of Operations
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I booked a 3 night stay here with my (grown up) son on a trip to see the Northern Lights. Unfortunately due to cloudy weather conditions we didn't get to see the lights (although to be fair the money we spent on the trip was fully reimbursed to me upon my return to the UK - booked through Thomas Cook), but we still really enjoyed our stay in Iceland. Hotel Klopp is an ideal base for a first time visit. The hotel is very well located and within easy walking distance of the many restaurants and attractions in Reykjavik. The room although not huge was well equipped and clean and had free internet access. The staff on the front desk were always helpful and friendly and more than happy to help arrange and/or advise on the various tours available to visitors. I had read some reviews prior to our visit complaining of a sulpher smell in the shower, which, to be honest, there was, but I think this has more to do with the general type of water heating systems used in Iceland than any fault of the hotel and certainly was not a huge problem to me. The other complaint was that the shower did not have a door and/or was not very big, but again, the bathroom was modelled more on the idea of a wet room than a typical kind of bathroom with a shower (ie UK and perhaps USA standards), which for me, was not a problem. The room was always lovely and warm, which meant that the wet room dried out very quickly. Overall I would say that I found this hotel to be well equipped, very well situated and value for money and would certainly stay here again should I find myself in Reykjavik

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear ItsMeDeblee,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback from your stay with us at Centerhotel Klöpp. We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience with us and other travelers.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us. We are sorry that you were not able to enjoy the spectacular Northern Lights. Perhaps, you will on your next trip!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Centerhotels and Iceland in future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or if we may assist with anything at all.

Eva Jósteinsdóttir
Director of Operations
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Ok place, very central, but noisy on the weekend outside

Room Tip: Go for upgrade to front of hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Really liked this hotel. Very close to downtown and all it's bars and restaurtants. Good buffett breakfast and very helpful staff. Lucky enough to get room on 5th floor with beautiful view over the harbour. Would definitely recommend this hotel for people looking for some comfort at a reasonable price!

Room Tip: Try a get a room on the 5th floor
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My friend and I stayed here during the Iceland Airwaves music festival. The hotel is in a great location. You can walk to all the music venues during the festival as it is right in the center of downtown. The hotel was clean, had a nice lobby with computers provided to access internet and it provided you with breakfast. The room I stayed in wasn't huge but it was large enough for the two of us and the price was good.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

My friend and I stayed in the hotel in December. The room was sufficiently large for the 2 of us and very clean and warm. We had a nice view looking out to the harbour and mountains. It was very basic, but for the price we were more than satisfied.

Pros:
1) Cheap
2) Very clean - bathroom was decently nice with granite/lava rock accents
3) Free breakfast - but not very tasty and poor selection
4) Front desk staff are sufficiently helpful, especially the man on weekend nights with the glasses - he was very nice and helpful
5) Blowdryer
6) Good temperature control on cold winter nights
7) EXCELLENT LOCATION - short walk to everything of importance
8) Nice sheets and comforter
9) Quiet when we stayed there

Cons:
1) Shower gets water everywhere - this was not really a con for me as this is the norm in Asia and I really don't care
2) No restaurant or snacks in the hotel for late night munchies
3) No internet except the lone computer in the lobby (which works well), hence no iPhone data unless you want to pay for roaming
4) NO CLOCK IN THE ROOM - in the place of the clock, there was a radio. This was so strange for me as I don't wear a watch and my iPhone battery was dying. We had no idea what time it was or how to wake up other than getting a wake up call, which I hate.
5) Front desk could not provide power adapter because a guest had stolen the only one. So DON'T FORGET YOUR ADAPTER PLUG!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to CenterHotel Klopp? Share your experiences!