This is a lovely trendy hotel at Reykjavik. We stayed for 3 nights here in Feb2013, travelling from London.
* Location – Great location! Easy to get to from the airport (we hired a car); near to many lovely restaurants, trendy bars and cafes (walking distance); neighbourhood is nice and we felt safe; easy to get to other parts of Iceland. The hotel is only a short walk away from the coastline. There are some parking right in front of the hotel and more parking at a short walk away (3minutes). It’s only 30minutes drive to the closest national park, which is great for Northern light spotting in the evening! We actually saw Northern lights all 3 nights there. One of the nights the Northern light was in a spectacular red!
* Hotel décor – Stylish, minimalistic and very trendy. It has some unique modern arts dotted around the place. The hotel has a fitness room, a nice lounge and a lovely restaurant. The whole hotel is very chic! The hotel was very lively on a Friday night, as the bar is a trendy spot, the hotel attracts a chic crowd to use the lounge. We had no problem at all and once you go up to the bedroom levels, it’s lovely and quiet.
* Room – Spacious, modern and airy. The Bed was very comfortable with nice linen. There are the usuals: minim bar, fridge, safe, iphone docking station, TV, hair dryer etc. Shower was powerful. There was also a standalone bath tub. The temperature of the room is adjustable and always nice and warm (this is important given the sub-zero temperature outside). The windows can also be opened freely from the inside, so it’s great if you want some crisp fresh air to wake you up. Being an OCD, the hotel room is of great standard, very clean indeed!
* View – As it’s a City hotel, there is not much view to speak of, but it didn’t bother us as we were out most of the day anyway.
* Amenities – Toiletries from Aveda, which was lovely. Nice bath robes and brand new slippers were also provided.
* Service – All the hotel staff we have encountered were lovely, always friendly, polite and eager to help. They all speak perfect English.
*Breakfast – It has pretty much all you expect, the food was okay. The restaurant was comfortable.
We will definitely stay again when we are back in Iceland.
- Also Known As:
- 101 Hotel Hotel
- 101 Hotel Reykjavík
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 101 hotel is located in the oldest postal code of Reykjavík. Though the exterior will reflect the strength and character of its Icelandic history, the interior will be of refined elegance. Those who enjoy a balance of body and mind will appreciate 101 hotel's proximity to the business district, nightlife and geothermal pools, as well as the attentive amenities and services. Whether you are drawn to Reykjavík for work or play, 101 hotel is purely about you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your 101 hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.