Allocated a fourth floor room overlooking the sea and mountains. Nice clean room with sufficient storage. Bathroom was fine although the sulphur smelling water from the hot taps takes a little getting used to - but that is common to all hotel rooms in Reykjavik. The hotel is just a five minute walk from the main shopping street, with its numerous bars and restaurants. A really excellent location as the rooms to the front of the hotel have good views and no traffic noise. A very good Icelandic buffet breakfast is served every day and the hot waffles are a nice addition. What makes this hotel really stand out is the service provided by the reception team. They are happy to give advice, book excursions and restaurants and nothing is too much trouble. Free access to the internet in the reception lobby is useful for booking trips and checking-in for the return flight. A very comfortable and convenient base for a short break in Iceland.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, Otel, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.