Incredible staff with local knowledge. Clean hotel.
Booked a trip with Icelandair. Choose this hotel out of the options. Went on a weekend trip with a friend (both girls 32).
The staff at this hotel that we dealt with were amazing. Claudia (Italian) and Vlad (Bulgarian) were so incredibly helpful that I honestly don’t think our trip would have been so good without them. They advised us on a car rental company, where to eat, where to party, where to try and see the Northern lights, where to check out in Iceland on our mini road trip. Nothing was too much trouble.
The hotel is in a great location to walk out to bars, restaurants, and shops – literally 2 mins away from the main street (free parking too). The Hilton hotel for example is slightly out of town.
Regarding the hotel. It seems there are different types of rooms. We were in a basic room I believe as allocated by Iceland air, however, the hotel also has ‘historical’ rooms, which are much much nicer, and I believe the same price e.g just request them, some people we met sent an email in advance to request and were allocated a historical room with no additional fee. It’s worth noting bathrooms are same in both though.
The basic room was basic, but comfortable. We had a twin room, it wasn’t big and when we first walked in I think we both felt a little disappointed, but by the end of the trip it was home and were had a really comfortable stay.
The bathroom was small – but the hot water, hot and aplenty, which counts for a lot when visiting Iceland in December!! I don’t recall seeing any tea or coffee making facilities.
Breakfast – had everything you could want. Not fancy, but enough to choose from. Ohhh and I had fun making my own waffles!
Free WiFi in rooms
Iceland Rocks and I want to go back.
We rented a car and did our own tour.. went to a few places including Gullfoss, Geysir and we searched for the Northern lights.. way cheaper than booking separate tours and so much fun.. Buy a map though, and don’t rely on Sat Nav!!! (If I went again, I would rent a car airport to airport to save the boredom of bus transfers).
Also Blue Lagoon is a MUST!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík