Hotel Foss Baron.
Booked through Baltic Travel Company. Good deal & great fuss free service.
The transfer to this hotel from the airport took 2 hours! The receptionist at first was very cold & I felt as if I was a nuisance. However on a second trip to reception it was a warmer experience & a little more helpful. In fact each visit was an improvement. So no probs there. They are able to sort all questions & give advice on all trips.
My room was quaint in terms of furniture shabby chic white but plenty of it. A clean & functional room with basic tea & coffee making facilities( paper cups); enough towels & safe deposit box & generic soap dispenser in the bathroom & shower. TV reception & choice of programmes was very poor. Just BBC news & national Geograsphic. Oh well I wasn't there for tele!
Breakfast buffet had a really good range of breads, cereals, cold bits, fruit etc. hot food limited though. Still More than adequate & plenty to eat & regularly replenished. Bar open from 5.0 until 1.00 am. If you are leaving early am they also have an early breakfast available with a little less choice but again easily enough for your needs.You can get soup & bread in the bar, if you fancy a snack.
Hotel located near a Dominoes & 2 block walk from main shopping area., a 5 mins brisk walk up slight hill. So good situation. Hotel was busy with all nationalities & no one seemed to be anything but happy to be there.
Ate at a restaurant down the main shopping street called Scandinavian, traditionalish food I think . Fish & chips with a 'pink sauce' cost 3,000 ISK approx: 2 pieces if breadcrumbed fish, fries,salad garnish & Marie Rose sauce. Quite busy place but only 1 waitress. Large range of foods available including lobster.
Next door to Hotel Fron so a lot of their clients ate there.
Next evening Rossopomodoro , an authentic Italian restaurant on the main high street.Good selection of well known Italian dishes. Spaghetti bog, side salad & glass of house red cost 5,770 ISK. Tasty & plenty if it. Bread & oil included.
Tour companies. All much the same. Iceland & Reykjavik tours will pick up & return to your hotels , even if you have to detour. Pick up usually 30 mins before tour starts. Drivers & guides all have amazing English. Puts the English speaking to shame!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, Otel and EasyToBook so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík