My partner and I stayed at the Fossehotel Baron for 4 nights last week as part of an Icelandair package. We did upgrade to a sea view room for a little extra, and for this the room also included a hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities and toiletries.
If you are looking for a good, comfortable, clean hotel (3* hotel) maybe a little shabby around the edges, which is in a great location and good value for money then would highly recommend the Fosshotel Baron. The hotel is located within a couple of minutes’ walk from the main high street, shopping areas,restaurants and also the sea front.
The reception staff, were very welcoming/friendly (genuinely so) and were really helpful in their advice re local restaurant recommendations. Breakfast at the hotel was great, a wide choice of breakfast items (hot and cold) including a do it yourself ‘waffle maker’.
Really pleasantly surprised. A good find and would be more than happy to go back and stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík