“Exquisite calves liver” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Oslo
“Exquisite calves liver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed near by and had read about Snaps in the Reykjavik grapevine. So when I needed a late dinner the decission was easy. I had an ok salmon tartar for starter and then one of the best rustique calves liver dishes ever. I sent my compliments to the kitchen and even the waitres was happy with the feedback. When visiting again some weeks later they had changed the menu for christmas, so I did not get to taste the same dish again, but I was being told that it would be back on the menu once the hollidays was over.

Visited November 2013

Vail, Colorado
“I love to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great atmosphere! It was busy but a table was found for us. I thought our waiter did a great job - not pushy but efficient and helpful and friendly. Arctic char was amazingly tasty and cooked perfectly and the bouillabaisse was delicious too. We almost went back a 2nd night because it was really good food at very reasonable Reykjavik prices!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Riding on a reputation, but getting sloppy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

5 minutes before being asked about our drinks order, once seated. Beef Bourguignon was very chewy - when complained told someone would come and discuss, but after half an hour no show I paid the bill (they gave me a few quid off the beef) . So, customer service very poor, food no big shakes, there are much better places to eat locally. My advice, go and eat somewhere where customers matter!

Visited February 2014
sigurg, Owner at Snaps Bistro Bar, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Ryan
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at Snaps. We immediately looked into the matter and we found that you were exactly right!
The Boeuf Bourguignon that you had was not good, because it is a slow cooked course we managed to taste a portion from the same batch, and it did not reach our standards. that has now been fixed.
The worst thing to hear was that the waiter did not react in the way that he should have. We don't charge for meals that don't fulfill our costumers expectations.

Our most precious asset at snaps are our happy costumers.

If it is not to much trouble please send me your address by email to snaps@snaps.is I would like to send you a little surprise that you can use on your next trip to Iceland :)

Best regards
Sigurgísli Bjarnason
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We went to Snaps for lunch on the recommendation of the Lonely Planet(and also because it had a lunch special that was a reasonable price!) We arrived at 11.45 and the place was really busy so we were sat at the bar. It looked mainly business type people and i would say we were the only tourists there which told us it was probably going to be a cut above some tourist places.

The special was catfish on cauliflower puree which i had and was delicious. My partner had Steak and chips(the expensive cut hung for 29 days!) It was avery large piece of meat cooked to perfection which melted in the mouth.I think his worked out at about £25 which was well priced given the quality while mine was about £10.

The service was great and friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing French Onion Soup...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We booked this restaurant for the sunday night. It was quite busy when we arrived but got a lot quieter as the evening went on and lacked a bit of atmosphere. The French Onion Soup is a fantastic. The prawn cocktail - average. They didn't have a couple of the other starters. Some people had the steaks which were tasty but a couple of people complained they were cold in the middle. The menu is limited. In all we had a lovely meal but we wouldn't rush back here.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere