“Rude and unhelpful” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Rude and unhelpful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was not sure how the system worked and which choices I could make. I wanted something thicker and more substantial than a runny soup which seemed to be what I was being offered. When I asked a member of staff how it all worked he was unhelpful and seemed to imply that I should know. I have never been to a noodle bar before so how would I know? I left and went somewhere else!

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington D.C.
“To cure the winter blues”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I found this place one night by accident while I was trying to find the famous hotdog stand. It didn't disappoint. The menu is limited to chicken/beef/vegetarian soup. They come in big bowls. I saw a lot of locals frequenting this joint.

Visited December 2012
“Best soup ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I had a short lunch here and loved it! So far it was the best soup I have tried. I am definitely coming back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol
“Amazing soup and amazing price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was looking at this place a while before I came to Iceland and knew I wanted to visit it.
I had forgot about it until the last day of my holiday and we went into Reykjavik and decided to find it.
It is on the main road from the front of Hallgrims Church which is very easy to find being the tallest building in Reykjavik. When we found it we were greeted by a flood of amazing smells from behind the counter. The soup they offer is either veg, chicken or beef, I had chicken and my partner had the beef. I loved both but the beef is wonderful quality and the chicken tastes great too so it just depends on your preference. The soup is 1080kr which is just over £5 which is a great price in Reykjavik anyway but this was before we saw the portions.
We decided to take away as many locals were in there and there wasn't much room for us to sit. The bowls were huge when you choose to eat in and we thought we would be ripped off but the container she put our soup in was HUGE! She was not stingy with the portions either, after she fills the container you get to choose if you want extra chilli, garlic, peanuts, sugar and vinegar. I chose all of them as I wanted to get the real deal.
the soup has a bit of a kick anyway but with the extra chilli it was very fulfilling especially on a cold November day in Reykjavik.
I don't like really spicy food but this was very tolerable and I ate it all up. I really reccomend this place if you want a quick meal to heat you up after a long day or just as a warming meal at lunch. For £5 you can't go wrong. There's another noodle place down the street that is evidently competition but it is more expensive but they offer more variety of soups if you wanted more but we wanted to stick with noodle station.

Fast, cheap and no hassle amazing food with great service! Thankyou Noodle Station!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious and a Great way to warm up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Decided to visit Iceland in winter is a pretty bold move. But that didn't stop my friends and I from going anyhow and braving the elements. We apparently went on one of the coldest and windiest weekends this year. After a long day of touring and braving the cold, I decided a nice warm bowl of soup was in order, and the hotel highly recommended Noodle Station.

After a short walk from our hotel, we found Noodle Station. Its rather small and doesn't seem like much from the outside but what it lacks on the outside they make up for in the soup! I ordered the beef noodle bowl. They asked me if I wanted it spicy or not, since I don't like spice I got it without it. The bowl of soup was reasonable in price, soda and the huge bowl were under 10 dollars. The beef sat upon a bed of noodles on an ocean of dark broth mixed with scallions and herbs. It was all superbly delicious and exactly what we were craving on such a cold day. Be forewarned, the place is pretty small, not a ton of places to sit. So if your looking for a full sit down meal experience this may not be for you, but if your looking for something good, warm , delicious and cheap, definitely check this place out! You wont regret it.

• Visited November 2012