“Fantastic food in a great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grillmarkadurinn (The Grill Market)

Grillmarkadurinn (The Grill Market)
Laekjargata 2A, Reykjavik 101, Iceland
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Grill, Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food in a great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The restaurant is cool and contemporary with a chilled buzzy atmosphere. The food was amazing - we had the monkfish skewers, shellfish soup and the lamb and all were mouth watering. The potluck dessert was one of the best things I've eaten. The service is attentive but in a low key way. What a great place - probably one of the coolest restaurants I've ever been to. Don't miss it!

• Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Best lamb I have ever had, hands down + service was good and my friends loved the fish - swore it was the best meal he ever had. Desserts looked amazing too! But we were too full to try.

Visited June 2014
Toronto
“A great dinner spot for a more upscale dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Went here with a few friends for dinner on the night of my bachelor party. Found it to be a classy place that's suitably refined and offers enough "manly" dishes (meat!) to suit the occasion. Lots of Icelandic charm here with wood, metal and glass fashioned into an incredibly trendy feeling location. It was hands down the nicest dinner we had on the island and even though it isn't cheap, it's worth a visit for anyone looking to dress up and treat themselves to a nice dinner. Could also be good for a couple seeking a little romance in Reykjavik.

• Visited July 2013
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Wonderful atmosphere and food coupled with polite and attentive staff. The mini burgers were large enough to share and were delicious as was the beautiful steak i had for my main course. Our meal was very expensive but averagely priced by Icelandic standards. Definitely worth visiting!

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic dinner in Reykjavik”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Grill Market is a great restaurant, one you should not miss when you visit Reykjavik.
I went with my husband and we ordered from the A La Carte menu, sharing one starter and one dessert, while ordering one main course each. I was full to burst at the end of the dinner and the bill came to around £40 per person, which sounds very reasonable to me (I'm used to London prices).
The food was great, from the bread with whipped butter and lava salt, the deep fried corn, the peanut steak (sometimes vegetarian options win over meat ones!) and the dessert: a chocolate ball covered in caramel sauce and served with coffee ice-cream. Delicious!
Cocktails are over-priced so we avoided alcohol and I found the service to be too slow. We waited 30' for the table despite having booked a table in advance and the time between courses was too long in my opinion. Also ask for a table on the ground floor or in the main hall downstairs; we were sitting in one of the booths downstairs under the staircase, which I thought was probably the worst table in the restaurant...
Nonetheless, we were there for the food and that didn't disappoint! We enjoyed our dinner very much!

• Visited May 2014