“Exotic options and a wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grillmarkadurinn (The Grill Market)

Grillmarkadurinn (The Grill Market)
Laekjargata 2A, Reykjavik 101, Iceland
+354 571 7777
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 323 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scandinavian, Grill
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Exotic options and a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were in Iceland for 2 days in October. Our dinner at the Grillmarkadurinn was outstanding! We wanted to have food that we couldn't have anywhere else and were not disappointed. We ate a horse steak and whale and finished the night with a cheese plate featuring Icelandic cheeses. We will return to Iceland and to this restaurant.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I'm disappointed to say I only came here for drinks and dessert. Both were perfect and probably one of the best desserts I've had in my life (SWEET ENDING
THE GRILLMARKET CHOCOLATE.) I can only imagine how incredible dinner would have been.
Tucked a bit off the main road, with comfortable modern rustic decor, excellent service, and delicious food. It's not surprising it's #2, and I'm grateful we stumbled upon it.
Note: Definitely check out the rest rooms - everyone seems to get a kick out of them!

Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Wonderful find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We walked in on the off chance that there may be a table available, there wasn't, but there was room at the grill. We sat side by side and watched the chefs at work. The food was fabulous, I thought I would try salt cod for the first time and it was delicious, melt in the mouth. It wont be the last time I have salt cod. Expensive, but worth every penny.

Edinburgh, Scotland
“its as good as they say”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Not a lot to add to the previous reviews as its all been said, Fresh food presented really well with some amazing flavour combinations .Easy going atmosphere less formal than Fridrik V excellent for lunch as well as evening. Loved it

Visited October 2013
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I visited the Grillmarket on 24/10/13 after it was recommended to us. Great service and gorgeous food. Glad we didn't order a starter as mains were huge, but really tasty. Best salmon I have ever had! Desert was amazing, (again, glad we shared as massive), it was my husband's birthday and the waitress gave us a glass of champagne each and coffee on the house. I would highly recommend the Grillmarket for a special night, slightly pricey (but everywhere in Iceland seems to be!), great service, fabulous food in a really gorgeous setting.