Stayed here on my first trip to Iceland. The hotel appears dated from the outside, and looks like an old business centre. Inside, scandinavian design in lots of natural wood, stone, and minimalist features are quite striking. Rooms are very small, but have comfortable beds and functional bathrooms. Heating was a non-issue.
An important factor is that this hotel is NOT near the downtown core. You do, however, get a free transit pass (I think buses run 2x/hour) with a stop out front of the hotel. You can walk downtown (probably 20-30 minute walk), but there are some busy highways to maneuver.
The restaurant was great, but $45 CAD for Breakfast buffet seemed excessive. Food in Iceland is expensive overall. There are a few "grab and go" options (sandwiches, croissants, and coffee items). Reservations are recommended.
We stayed here as part of a Travelzoo deal, so we were out on a lot of tours. Tours were prompt and well displayed screens/signs to help you figure out where to go. The tour desk and front desk staff were pleasant and helpful.
We were a few floors above the banquet rooms, which proved to be a bad thing when a wedding started and the music was booming. When I called the front desk, they offered another room in another wing of the hotel, but we were so exhausted from tours that I couldn't be bothered. There was no consideration of acoustics when building this hotel
We didn't get to use the pool because the pool hours are quite useless late open, early close especially if you're on tours/exploring the city.
There is a regional airport right behind the hotel, but I honestly didn't notice any noise from it.
Overall, this was a pleasant experience, but being our first time in Iceland, I wish we were a bit closer to the town core and other attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir