“Would stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 48 hotels in Reykjavik
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Would stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were here for 2 nights before a tour and 3 nights after it. The front staff couldn't do enough for us, and always with a smile. Early check-in because was given by 9:30. It takes 20 min to walk to the town and the hotel also provides free bus passes. The breakfast was great- loads of choices in the buffet. Yes, the bathroom and shower are small but so what! The beds are comfortable and the room a very adequate size. If I had to say anything negative, it would be that wifi was only available downstairs, not in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Trausti K, Sales Manager at Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Reykjavik Natura.

First of all I am very glad to see that you would consider staying with us again. That means a lot to us and you are most definitely welcome back to Reykjavík Natura. I can agree on some part that the internet should be available without charge in the rooms, but we decided to charge a small fee for the internet which allows us to offer our guests a really high speed and secure internet connection. But I will pass on your comment regarding the internet to the general manager and we will see what we can do.
Overall I would like to thank you for your positive comment and we look forward to seeing you again.

829 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was a lovely hotel; room a bit small for 2 people and shower was tiny! Otherwise, fantastic experience. Spa was fantastic and staff were gracious and patient. Restaurant was wonderful but a bit pricey. They offered complimentary bus passes which were very useful in getting around the city.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevators.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Reykjavik Natura.

I am glad that the complimentary bus passes came in handy and that you had a fantastic experience here at Reykjavík Natura. Regarding the size of the room, if you stay with us again, I advise you to upgrade to a deluxe room. The deluxe room is much bigger in size and also has a much bigger bathroom with a bathtub/shower instead of only shower. Also included in a deluxe room is an access to the fantastic spa which, reading from your comment, you were able to enjoy on your latest trip. At a deluxe room you will also have free internet, bathrobes and in addition you will have access to the 4th floor lounge, over-viewing the airport.
Hopefully my advice will someday come in handy when and if you visit us again. Thanks again for your review and I will make sure to forward your compliments to our staff, they will appreciate it.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here one night (booked through Iceland Unlimited). It is a 20 minute walk from downtown Reykjavik, which would have it been fine had the weather not been so rainy. Since we were only in Reykjavik for one night I wish we had been closer to downtown.

We arrived from Washington DC very early in Reykajvik and we were so lucky and thankful that the hotel had a room available for early check in. Thank you Icelandair Hotel Natura! I am happy that I read the hotel reviews prior to checking in or otherwise I would have been shocked at how tiny the room and bathroom were. The room was clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was tiny...think cruise ship bathroom. The hotel has a spa, which I would have never guessed because the bathroom hotel products were very lacking and there were no slippers or bathrobes that typical four star spa hotels usually provide.

There is free wi-fi in the lobby and the breakfast was just okay. They did have both American and European cuisine. No fresh OJ....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Reykjavik Natura.

I am sorry to hear that you had to walk in the rain to the central area, since we do offer complimentary bus passes and there is even a bus that goes directly from the hotel to the central area, every 30 minutes. I advise you to ask for one in the lobby if you stay with us again.

We actually do provide organic toiletries from Sóley Natura in all of our rooms. These products are inspired by the Icelandic nature and only include organic Icelandic ingredients. Regarding the size of the room I advise you to upgrade to a deluxe room if you stay with us again. The deluxe room is much bigger in size and also has a much bigger bathroom with a bathtub/shower instead of only shower. Also included in a deluxe room is an access to the fantastic spa which, reading from your comment, you were able to enjoy on your latest trip. At a deluxe room you will also have free internet, bathrobes and in addition you will have access to the 4th floor lounge, overviewing the airport.
Hopefully you will have the chance to stay with us again since I am sure that you can experience Reykjavík Natura in a more positive way.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I only stayed here for a night in April, but I definitely enjoyed myself! There were issues when checking in which was frustrating, but that was the only downside of my stay. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were comfortable! The downstairs area served as a lovely lounging area that was quite trendy. We ate at Satt during our stay, which is the restaurant in the hotel. I walked downstairs to the spa area and spoke with the woman behind the counter. She was very nice and willing to explain everything to me when I didn't understand! The service at the hotel was wonderful. I would recommend Natura for sure.

Not to mention, the breakfast was amazing. They had the front area supplied with yogurt and breads, but if you went around the corner to the back room, there was that AND more. Sliced meats, juices, coffees, more bread (and multiple kinds too), and lots of fruit. The breakfast was probably my favorite part of the stay. Of course, the food in Iceland is amazing and this was my last morning there. So it could be a combination of everything!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Reykjavik Natura.
First of all I am sorry to hear that you had some trouble with the check in process, I sincerely apologies for any inconvenience that may have caused you. On the other hand I am glad to see that you enjoyed yourself here at Reykjavík Natura. I can understand that the breakfast buffet was the highlight of your stay since it is utterly delicious.
And finally; thank you for recommending us, that means a lot to us. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of accommodating you again in the future.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Located next to the domestic airport, but I never noticed any airport noise during our stay.
Small shower stall (2 x 2 feet).
The buffet breakfast was great and suited North American or European tastes.
I cannot speak to value as it was part of our overall package.
Blackout curtains worked very well in late July midnight sun.
Not near downtown, so you would need transportation there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Reykjavik Natura.
I would like to thank you for complementing our staff, I will make sure that they receive your compliments. You are correct that some people probably need transportation to get to the central area and that is why we offer them free bus passes. However for those who are able to walk into the central area, I would strongly recommend them to do so, it only takes about 20 minutes and there are a lot of things to see on the way. So if you belong to the second group, I recommend you to enjoy the city walk to the city center. You can of course use the bus pass to get back to the hotel if you are not in a mood for walking back.

Last but not lease I am glad to see that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Hopefully you will have the chance to enjoy the breakfast buffet again sometime in the future.

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

A very friendly hotel, good size rooms, which were very clean. The bathrooms were clean and spacious, the beds gloriously comfy. There was a lovely warm fire burning in the lobby/bar and there was plenty of very comfy seating, without being close to other guests.
The meals were very good, although the service was very slow. However, the standard of the meals were such that we could cope with the wait! Breakfast was self service, plenty of choice and of a high standard.
Just opposite the hotel was a bus stop, with a frequent reliable service, taking you into Reykjavic town centre, in fact into the bus station. Return journeys to our hotel started from the bus station, so no problems getting around. Fares were very reasonable too!
If I return to Reykjavic, I would stay at this lovely hotel again. No complaints about anything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Trausti K, Sales manager at Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura, responded to this review, July 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Reykjavik Natura.
I would like to thank you for your positive feedback, we highly appreciate it. I apologize though for the slow service at the restaurant, I will make sure our restaurant manager will receive your remark and we will do our very best to improve it. But I am glad that you were able to enjoy Reykjavík Natura overall. I am not sure if you noticed but we do provide complimentary Bus passes for our guests so if you return, make sure to ask for one at the lobby.
Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Frederiksberg, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great hotel. Clean, friendly staff, nice rooms and bathroom. I have nothing to complain about. I think though that some will get bothered by the noise from the airport and the distance to the city, but it hasn't been an issue for me. I walked to the city in 10-15 minutes.

Room Tip: Just be aware that the windows can't be opened much so it gets warm inside when the sky is clear...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Trausti K, Sales Manager at Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura, responded to this review, July 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Reykjavik Natura.
I am glad that you took the 10-15 minutes’ walk into the central area; it truly is one of the best ways to get to know Reykjavík. If you stay with us again however, you can of course make use of our complimentary bus pass which is valid for the Reykjavik public transportation system. You can at least keep that in mind if you get tired of walking. Regarding the nearby domestic airport, it is only operated during the day time so it should n disturb anyone staying at Reykjavik Natura, on the contrary, it can be very exciting to see the small airplanes take off and land throughout the day.
Overall I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write such a positive review, we are really grateful for that.

Trausti Karlsson

Been to Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura? Share your experiences!