Booked hotel, and flights through Icelandair. Our first time here, we did not know what to expect. The hotel is nice internally, and comfortable. The lobby always seemed full of people, and baggage, either coming or going on tours. The restaurant Satt served gorgeous dinner, some of the best food I have ever tasted. How ever if you are here for more than 3 days you could easily have eaten all the things on the menu!
Location, free buses to town, easy and regular. Amazing pool, steam, sauna rooms, and relaxation area. Gorgeous, fresh Icelandic water straight from the taps. Ice machines. On line check in computer in the lobby, you can print your boarding cards too- Icelandair only.
12 hours a day facility to book tours at the gift shop- however, the staff seemed like they did not really want to be doing this job and would rather sell the handbags in there.
Not a 4 star based on the standard room we stayed in. Tiny tiny room, I could get from the bed to the toilet in 3 paces. Limited storage space. Poor coffee/tea facilities- powder milk, plastic stirrers, please you could atleast put real spoons in there? We bought our own milk and put it in the fridge in the end. No amenities in the bathroom, other than standard shower gel. This is like a bad Travel lodge room, I have not seen a smaller bathroom, ever.
No WIFI in the hotel, or room, unless you upgrade. A bit tight I think. Our room overlooked an air field- that was not too bad, from a noise point of view.
Poor general customer service. The waiter service in the restaurant was terrible. lots of staff milling around, and no-one being intuitive and doing their job. Lots of tables left without bread, water, plates cleared or food being bought to them in a timely fashion, or even their orders being taken in the first place. A real shame, as with a bit of good management, could run like a dream. Breakfast ok, but basic, and no fresh pastries. Biscuits though, digestives, and custard creams out of a packet- for breakfast ?
Conclusion- go if you have no expectations, and you will be pleasantly surprised, like we were.
Tip- If you booked the northern lights package through Iceland air, and they dont go the whole time you stay there, you do NOT get a refund. We were unlucky and had no trip out to see the lights due to bad weather.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Expedia, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, getaroom.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.