Natura is the venue for an annual bridge festival in January, gets lots of top players. I suppose it's in some way a continuation of the intellectual tradition started by the Spassky-Fischer match which was held in this very hotel. Do find the chess match corner where you can touch the chess table that was used, look at various memorabilia, etc.
In other words, I keep coming back to this hotel year after year - my impression is that the business is doing well. Still spotlessly clean, everything in good working order, very friendly staff, etc. Pretty reasonable fitness centre and relaxing hot tub/sauna/steam room. It is not obvious from the brochures, but the fitness room is accessible 24 hours with your room key, it's only the pool that limited opening hours.
I saw complaints about the cost of internet - well, there are public computers in the lobby. In addition I found an unprotected network with strong connection from my room, so did not need hotel wi-fi after all :-)
Hotel is only about 20-25 min walk from the city center, so we only used taxis on really horrid days. I quite the walk actually, through a small park and round the pond.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Priceline, EasyToBook, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.