We stayed at the Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura hotel for 4 nights as a part of our Icelandair Northern Lights Holiday. Although we didn't see the lights (too cloudy) or go on the Whale Watch (too windy), we did enjoy our time at the hotel. There were three of us sharing a triple room which was comfortable, clean and simple, just what we needed for a base for the trip. We arrived at about 1am after our flight from Heathrow and were checked in by pleasant reception staff. Everytime we had a question about anything, the staff were more than happy to help - and did so with a smile. We had dinner at the Satt restaurant on our first full night - which was tasty and well presented. The pool and spa facilities were excellent (though do cost for use), although we were not able to book any treatments as they were fully booked. The hotel has WIFI which is not free, which was a bit disappointing, but there were two public computers available for use.
The hotel, itself, is about a 20 minute walk into the city centre, however, they also provide you (free of charge) bus tickets to be used on the bus which stops directly outside the hotel. This was a bonus as it was so windy! We loved everything about Iceland - and to have a nice base such as this was a lucky break!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir