Do not be deceived by the outside of this hotel as as soon as you walk in it's modern, clean and welcoming. The restaurant and bar area are cosy without being one on top of each other and prices are reasonable. The staff are also friendly, approachable and knowledgable.
Most rooms have been refurbished but there are still a few that haven't so make sure you specify as the original rooms are as nice but are still clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was a large selection of cereals, hot breakfasts and continental, therefore something for everybody and was served until 1000 which is a lot more sympathetic to those of us that are late risers.
Previous reviewers have mentioned the airport but this is a domestic airport where only smaller aircraft are allowed to land within certain hours and traffic is very light. Our first room was on the airport side and very little was heard.
Overall this is a nice hotel in a convenient location for Reykjavik, onward flights to both Akureyri and Egilssdadir and for exploring the area and had a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir