We enjoyed our four night stay at the Natura. The staff was friendly, and the room (although small) was very comfortable. The folks at the tour desk were especially helpful, and called us when our whale-watching trip was cancelled because of bad weather. The food in the restaurant is excellent, but it's pricey. The breakfast buffet was about $16 each; it included everything you could think of and was very tasty, but that's a lot to spend for breakfast. We decided early on that we'd make that our main meal of the day, and it worked out well. Dinner was expensive as well, but we limited ourselves to one fancy dinner (the best Arctic char I've ever eaten) during our stay and made do with sandwiches and other goodies that we picked up in local shops. In all fairness, food seemed to be a big ticket item in many places in Reykjavik (including the supermarkets), so I don't think it was just the Natura.
The shuttle bus was very helpful . . . we walked to the city center one day, but on the last day we took the bus and it was very convenient. It's a bit of a hike to the city center, but there are great paths and the hotel staff gave good directions, so it's a safe and pleasant walk as long as it isn't raining. All in all, we had a great stay in Iceland, and look forward to going back some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir