“Fun for a few hours” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Fun for a few hours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I headed to Laugardalslaug to relax after a morning snorkelling in Silfra. I managed to get around the showering nude issue, by just putting my swimsuit on and showering with it on before getting in the pool. No one really noticed, or if they did, they didn't care.

Hot pots were nice, except the 42 C was just a little too hot for me!

London, United Kingdom
“Just O.K.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This pool has hot tubs, sauna, steam, waterslide and geothermal heated water. I didn't have an issue with having to shower naked before entering the pool but I did have a problem with attendants watching you to make sure you were cleaning all the right places, that left a sour taste in my mouth, but it was a nice swimming experience. Make sure you bring a towel. I forgot and had to rent a strip of a towel for 500kr

Boston, MA
17 attraction reviews
“Swimming in the Rain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is the ultimate family place to go with kids. The outdoor pools are useable in all weather and, in fact, I think swimming in poor weather is even more fun. Very cool to see the steam coming off the pool in chilly, rainy weather. You definitely are with the locals when you swim at this pool.

We spent most of our time in the large children's pool, which has three slides: a large one that was unfortunately not useable when we were there and two small ones. The pool is heated comfortably for kids. The children's pool has a bunch of toys to play on as well as a fun climbing ladder/structure/lily pad thing for the kids to climb on. My 8-year-old daughter says the pool is "very, very, very, very, very nice. The only thing I didn't like was the walk when you went in and it was kind of cold."

My husband and I took turns staying with the kids while the other went to one of the many "hot pots." My favorite was a seawater hot pot heated to 40 degrees Celsius. But there are others, ranging in temperature from 38 to 42 degrees. Many kids did use the hot pots as well--our kids sat for a bit in the 38 degree one--but the hotter ones were mostly used by local kids. Too hot for mine! There is also a large lap pool that we didn't use. There is also a steam bath and a sauna.

A couple of things to note:
--If you're going to rent a towel, do so when you walk in and pay to enter. There was confusion when we went in and we ended up in the shower with no towel, but the attendant was super nice and she went and rented some for us.
--You have to shower completely naked before going into the pool. You will need to scrub all your unmentionable parts. This is required. As a result, kids need to go into the locker room of their own gender, which could make it difficult for a solo dad to bring a younger daughter or a solo mom to take a young son (toddlers, are of course fine, but preschool kids are definitely borderline).
--Yes, the walk from the shower to the pool is quite cold. But once you're in, it's okay. Going from the hot pot back isn't too bad because you'll be so warmed up by the water.
--The showers have shampoo in them but no conditioner. The water can wreak havoc with your hair so you might want to bring some. They have plenty of hair dryers.
--They have a cool locker system where every one gets a wrist band with a chip in it. The chip will lock and unlock the lockers so no need to worry about anything at the pool. Most folks just leave their towels in the locker room, in the cubbies by the shower, as you need to be completely dry before re-entering the locker room.
--You will need to leave your shoes on a shelf outside the locker room. No shoes in the locker room allowed. By the way, the locker rooms are quite nice.

Overall a great experience. We actually went back for a second swim, because we all enjoyed it so much!

København
8 attraction reviews
“Many different tubs and pools”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I love that you blend in with the locals, they have like 8 or more warm tubs with only a couple of degrees in difference, a geothermal tub, great outdoor pools with well temperated water. Very cheap to visit and lots of hours to spend on pampering yourself. You can order massage there.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
“A must see if you like pools”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I really enjoyed this place, it's run like clockwork, the whole operation of locker rooms was a breeze. It was full of people yet didn't feel cramped.
I've never seen any leisure centre as clean as this one.
Make sure you spend some time in the hot pots and the sea water pool.

Visited August 2013