“Kids' absolute favouriteplace in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 323 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Hamburgers, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Be Square and Be There! The Hamburger Factory is a must try in Iceland Gullfoss and Geysir are surely a must-see in Iceland, but neither is something you eat! That’s why we have 15 brilliant and creative hamburgers at The Icelandic Hamburger Factory.The Reykjavik Grapevine awarded the Icelandic Hamburger Factory the ”Best Speciality Burger 2010” and the “Best Veggie Burger 2011”. It made us happy, because we aim to please. That’s why we only use 100% fresh high-quality ingredients, directly from the Icelandic nature.Attention: Our hamburger buns are not round. They are square. Does it taste better? You tell us. Be square and be there.
Longyearbyen, Norway
“Kids' absolute favouriteplace in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

A good friend from Reykjavik took us to Hamborgarafabrikkan and it was veeeery popular ( 4 and 5 year old) :-)

Visited September 2013

Birmingham UK
“Rubbish service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Went to this place as had some good reviews but found the service was awful. As I was a solo traveller the staff told me I couldn't sit at a table as they had a large party due and had to go sit at the bar. I wouldn't mind but the restaurant was more than half empty and was only about 6 o clock while the large party was due after 8! After explaining I only wanted a burger and fries and would be out by 7 at the latest I was told I either sat at the bar or I didn't eat there. Unsurrprisingly I chose the latter.

• Visited November 2012
“Excellant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Can't fault this place at all. Service was excellent, food was amazing and staff very friendly and helpful. Saturdays are exceptionally busy so would advise to book but they still managed to find us a table without having to wait very long.Went back on more than one occasion and were recognized by staff and were given drinks on the house. Thanks guys :-)

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marsaxlokk, Malta
“Excellent burgers but the worst service ever”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The food is delicious , the menu is a very good one BUT THE HORRIBLE SERVICE IS UNEXCEPTABLE ... I m not even gonna write my whole experience coz it will take forever ... But one of the things that happeneed was that me and my girlfriend were eating our starters and a girl came with the maincourses ... And we told her that we weren't finished so she said " ok we ll keep it warm for you " that's not nice the bread will become wet and the burger drys up ... Then when we were ready from the starters they left us 15 minutes with the empty plates infront of us ... Coz the waiters were busy cleaning empty tables and talking to each other . Then the maincourse came and the waitress placed the food on the table but I had to.hold the starters plates in my hands so she will be able to place them in the table .... The service is horrible

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

food is okay, service is bad :/
we had pre booed a table but still needed to wait 30 min for "our" table, after this 30 min the finally fixed some other table for us, waiter clearly didn't like her job and just overall service was poor

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Joi79, Owner at Hamborgarafabrikkan, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Hello Gudbjorg

Thank you for your review of Hamborgarafabrikkan. We welcome our customers opinions - both positive and negative. When our customers are not satisfied for some reason it is important for us to know why - therefore we are thankful for your review and we will take it into careful consideration. We apologize for the inconvenience and certainly hope that you will return and that your experience will be better the next time.

Respectfully,