“Charming and cozy hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Island

You added Hotel Island to your Saves list
Hotel Island
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Armuli 9 | Hotel Iceland, Reykjavik 108, Iceland (Formerly Park Inn by Radisson) (Háaleiti)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #38 of 49 Hotels in Reykjavik
Stavanger, Norway
“Charming and cozy hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

This hotel is very personal. It's maybe not the most modern and up to date, but it has a certain charm and the friendliness of the staff makes it so worth the stay.

The staff helped my friend and I finding a resturant we were looking for. Both at the desk at that time worked hard and found what we were looking for.

They gave us hot coco on the house since we were "such heroes" to go out in the snowstorm for a walk becuase all roads were closed out of Reykjavik, and had nothing else to do.

The breakfast was OK for 3 days, but it was a little boring. Maybe a little more varied.... Could maybe have something to do with our trip in the lowest season though.

The twin room we got was big enough and the view was quite nice.
Only thing we missed was some kind of place to leave our boots, because the snow melted and there was water all over the place. A door mat would probably help a lot.

All in all a very nice hotel with a lot of personality.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Was a lovely friendly hotel, was extremely disappointed on arrival to find out our TWIN room was infact a double bed. And was told because the hotel was being done up there was no where else to go. the rest of the stay was pleasant but this did disappoint me a lot.

• Stayed December 2014
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was expecting a better quality of Radisson but it's dated hotel (more towards to motel type). Still it is clean and well-maintained.
The breakfast was delicious both warm and cold.
We made a reservation of one double room and when we got to the room, it was like a junior suite. I think they didn't have the double room any more therefore they upgraded us to a junior suite. We really appreciated it.

The WIFI is very fast, it's not in the center of Reykjavik though. It's about 25-30 minutes to walk. We arrived to this hotel late in the evening and didn't mind staying one night only. On the next day, we moved to a different hotel room in the city. FYI there are buses going to the city center.
Staffs are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for 9 nights as I was working in Iceland. It was a half hour walk from the city but an easy and interesting walk which I enjoyed. Room was a standard hotel room (reminded me of a Travelodge) but bed was very comfy and room was warm and cosy. There are lots of places to eat within a short distance and it was great to explore. Breakfast was plentiful although not sure about chips at that time of day! Staff were all very friendly and you could have a drink in the bar after a long day at work.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

After arriving at Keflavík Airport, the Flybus from went directly to the hotel. The staff at the lobby were friendly, polite and helpful. The Reykjavík central business district is a half-hour walk west, and but worth the chance to peruse the local shops. The room was spacious and clean with a large, comfortable bed. In the bathrooms, there is a sign stating that the hot water comes directly from underground, and as such is slightly cloudy and smelly, but the bath rivalled the Blue Lagoon in relaxation and made for an excellent night's rest. The all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet provided a large variety of choices, both hot and cold; the pastries were particularly nice. An excellent experience for the price, considering I was travelling on a budget.

Room Tip: High rooms on the north-western side provide a stunning view of the harbour and huge mountains.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

the only food served at the hotel is breakfast. No room service/restaurant facilities during the winter we were told, however the very helpful young man in reception helped us order some food from outside the hotel.
The hotel is very dated but rooms were very clean. The hotel is not a Radisson hotel so don't expect the typical Radisoon room style.
There were no tea/coffee facilities in the bedroom which was a miss, though you could get drinks in the reception area downstairs.
It is a good 20 minutes walk into the town centre but buses also run from main road.
If you are on a budget and don't expect or want 5* facilities the hotel is fine. But if you are looking for a little bit of luxury this is not for you

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the city. Excellent view from floor 6
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

I did not stay here so cannot comment on the rooms. My hotel was a 5 min walk away but I could not check in until later so came here for a drink. Had to write a review because the staff were nice whenever I popped in. The young man on reception was great, very helpful, better than the staff at my hotel, I was a bit lost and popped in here upon my arrival. He gave me a map and scribbled on places which I needed to get to. He was also as attentive to an elderly guest and came back over to tell me that I needed the correct change for the bus and offered to change my notes so that I could catch one. Coffee was also ok, small but cheaper than most places.

The actual place looked nice enough. It is in a good location. There is an ATM almost next door which is important because there are not many in the centre and no others nearby, you would need to walk to a supermarket 15 mins away. The bus stop Nordica is over the road opposite the Hilton, it is 2 stops into town and cost 350isk. Iceland is cold that you do not want to walk far. There is a place to eat and a rock/sport pub virtually next door which is not great but about as good as it gets in Iceland. It is also behind the Hilton, the lights hotel is not far away and there are a few places to eat near there.

If the price is right, it could be good as there was nothing near my hotel and I had to walk to this area for cash and food.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Island? Share your experiences!