“Trekking in Iceland” 5 of 5 stars

+354 571 3344
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: TREK Iceland is a fully licenced tour operator and travel agency with a focus on eco-friendly adventure tourism in Iceland. We offer adventures on all levels, hiking/trekking tours, glacier walks, ski tours and mountaineering. Our greatest pride is the fantastic team of guides and support staff we have working with us. Mountain guides, drivers and sales staff, their taste for adventure, years of experience and friendliness is by far the most valuable asset of our company. Our mission is providing great experiences to our customers, this we achieve with personal service and by limiting group sizes in our selection of our tours to the most unique places in Iceland.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Trekking in Iceland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

Just got back from what I can only describe as a totally amazing experience with you guys. My biggest regret was that I did not plan better and give myself more time, but trust me, I will be back. Thank you for the guidance and your time and the first class experience and service.

Visited March 2015

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Northern Lights Trek Iceland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2015

Awesome 4 day trek if you can handle the cold and not having streaming water for a few days. The adventure starts with a 4x4 ride off-road into a snowed under valley between two glaciers. Svavar did an awesome job, adjusting activities to our skill & energy level. Great hikes with snow shoes through a white & cold wilderness. Lucky to see the Northern Lights on day 3,we almost felt bad for Svavar that we couldn't deny that the Lights topped the other great experiences!

Visited January 2015
Dublin
4 attraction reviews
“Terrific Trekking!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

This was such a great experience!! Svavar in particular was an absolute legend guide!! From day one he used his great judgement to bring us to all the best spots based on the weather.

Trekking was such good fun, the views were amazing, the mountain hut was cosy when the stove came on. Not only was Svavar's guiding great but he also showed himself to be quite the host too, cooking skills were great, always great.

Also have to thank him for teaching me how to use my camera when we were graced by an amazing show from the northern lights, the highlight of my trip to Iceland.

I will definitely be back to Iceland and there's no doubt in my mind who I'll be booking my trip with, thanks so much guys!!!

Visited November 2014
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
“4-day Laugavegur trek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Doing the hike with Trek Iceland was the best decision we made. They provided everything: sturdy tents, all meals, hiking poles, sleeping bags (rented out for a fee) and most importantly, a fantastic guide in the form of Doddi.

Like most Icelanders, Doddi speaks good English and is so enthusiastic about showing off the best of his country. He suggested additional hikes that offered spectacular views and you won't regret doing these when the weather is good. He also looked out for our safety by picking out the best routes to cross, waiting in the river as we waded through, setting a good pace and giving well-timed breaks. He also cooked all our meals, which were delicious. We helped out by chopping stuff and washing up afterwards.

I was a little apprehensive about camping out at first but after seeing the conditions in the hut, I was happy to be in a tent. We set these up ourselves without much difficulty and single hikers shouldn't have problems getting help from the others.

As we were preparing for the trip, Styrmir was very prompt in replying emails and they even accommodated our last-minute request for hiking poles with no problems. Payment was easily made by credit card through a link that was sent.

I would recommend going with Trek as it allows you to hike with a very light pack, allowing you to just enjoy the breathtaking Icelandic wilderness.

Visited August 2014
Melbourne, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“six day Laugavegur trek (Trek 25C)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

I just got back from this six day tour and was glad I went with Trek Iceland. As I prepared Styrmir was prompt and courteous in responding to my emails. Our guide Gisli was friendly and knowledgeable about the area where we hiked (His field of study in college was geology). He also was great company as we walked and was very solicitous of everyone and kept a good pace but with well timed breaks. The scenery is otherworldly as we walked on glaciers and lava fields and through streams. Trek Iceland is not responsible for the huts where you stay and they are crowded, but treat it like summer camp and you'll be fine. I'm almost 59 years old and in average shape and i didn't find the walk too strenuous. If you're interested in this hike do the six day and not the four day. The last day of the hike is truly spectacular.

Visited September 2014