“HORRIBLE COMPANY” 1 of 5 stars

+354 571 3344
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: TREK Iceland is a fully licenced tour operator and travel agency with a focus on eco-friendly adventure tourism in Iceland. We offer adventures on all levels, hiking/trekking tours, glacier walks, ski tours and mountaineering. Our greatest pride is the fantastic team of guides and support staff we have working with us. Mountain guides, drivers and sales staff, their taste for adventure, years of experience and friendliness is by far the most valuable asset of our company. Our mission is providing great experiences to our customers, this we achieve with personal service and by limiting group sizes in our selection of our tours to the most unique places in Iceland.
Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
“HORRIBLE COMPANY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I received confirmation of a booking with a booking number and a separate email with a receipt in it multiple weeks before my trip. I showed up to the pick up point and gave them an hour to pick me up. I rang them up and it turned out they didn't even have me on the schedule for the day. I tried to get a straight answer from them for an hour and a half, as to what was happening and when I was going to be picked up, only to be told that there are no glacier walks available, even though it was only 1.5 hours off schedule and with white nights, a later return would not have been dangerous. They offered me a caving tour instead, which is not what I wanted and no where near the value that I was expecting and had already paid for. Do NOT use this agency. They have no regard for their customer needs and are not willing to make an effort to accept and change their mistakes.

Visited July 2013

Quebec
“Super company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a wonderful trip with Trek! Well planned, professionnal and funny guide! We truly recommend :)

Visited June 2013
Detroit, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“A great way to check out beautiful Iceland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked a trip to the Sólheimajökull glacier in July of 2012 through Trek Day Tours. My guide, Guðmundur, was very friendly and knowledgeable about Iceland. On the way to the glacier he stopped near the famous Eyjafjallajökull volcano that blew up in 2010 so we could take pictures. There were only 2 other people booked on this trip, which was great because it gave the feeling of being on a private tour.

The actual hike across the glacier lasted a little over 3 hours. During the hike I was carrying my Nikon DSLR camera and I was worried about tripping and breaking it, so Guðmundur offered to keep it safe in his backpack for me - I was so happy he offered to hold on to it because about 5 minutes later the crampons got stuck on my loose jeans and I tripped and fell. I wasn't hurt, but if I had been holding my camera I'm sure it would have busted into a million pieces. So a note to others who are thinking about hiking across a glacier - make sure your pants are not loose around your feet/ankles.

After glacier hike we went to the black sand beach, then it was off to Skógafoss waterfall and the trip wrapped up with a visit to the Seljalandsfoss waterfalls. I captured some really great photographs that day including a picture of a waterfall with a huge rainbow in front of it!

I would definitely recommend this trip to anyone that wants see some of the beautiful sites in Iceland!

Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A great day on theSolheimajokull glacier & south coast tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I think we were on the same tour as Gen1e, on the 27th Feb 2013. I have to agree, the whole day was brilliant. The guide Svavarj, was informed, helpful, patient with my wife (who wants to photograph everything), and had a great attitude and sense of humour. He was a great ambassador for not only Trek.is, but for Iceland. It made an amazing day, truly memorable. The glacier was stunning, the black sand beach at Dyrholaey was rugged. The two waterfalls,Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss were breathtaking. Even though it wasn't the best weather, our guide kept the group entertained with stories of Icelandic folklore whilst on the coach, and informed on the while on the glacier. The size of our group made it feel very personal. I would also like to thank the rest of our group, for making it even more memorable. Next time we go back to Iceland, we will certainly use Trek.is again. Thanks once more to Trek.is and the top guide we had, Svavarj !!

Visited February 2013
St Austell, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing glacier hike with an awesome guide - best day ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We went on the South Shore tour with glacier hike with a guide called Svavar through Trek.is on the 27th February 2013. This was the best tour we have done in Iceland! Our guide was personable and knowledgable and the ice and the area. It felt like our tour was tailored to what everyone in the group wanted to get out of the tour and as a small group (8 of us), we were able to spend time asking questions and spending longer at the most interesting sites. Our guide even told us stories about Icelandic folklore passed through generations of his own family.

The website says this tour has a difficulty of 2/5, however I would have said it was more a 3/5, as it is fairly physical and one of the girls on the tour did appear to struggle with going up and down the slopes on the ice!

I also left my hat on the van after we were dropped off. It was a hat I'd bought on our first trip to Iceland and had a lot of sentimental value. I emailed Trek.is as soon as I was in the hotel lobby and received a reply within 10 minutes and my hat back within the hour.

We regret having booked other excursions with the bigger coach companies and no for next time to use Trek.is for all of them!

Thank you Trek and especially Svavar!!

Visited February 2013