“Just fantastic!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 258 Activities in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Small groups and private rides on the Icelandic horse in the Reykjavik area. We are open all year round. Why us? Small groups, family owned business, top-quality horses, we love what we do and love to share it with you. We offer personalized service for beginners and advanced riders, maximum 8 riders. At Viking Horses' riding center there is a cozy Cafe offering refreshments.
Mels, Switzerland
“Just fantastic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

Last day in Iceland, riding a very smooth horse - easy to handle even for a beginner like me! Fantastic, like the nature! Thanks, Viking Horses, for everything! I'll definitely be back!

Visited November 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Absolute must do-wonderful company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

We visited Iceland this past weekend and I reached out to Viggo about a private tour for our group. They were extremely accommodating especially since I contacted the day before. Viggo picked us up at our hotel, took us to the stables, gave us warm clothing and gear to wear and was great with chosing the right horse for each of our experience levels. We had a blast and the landscape was beautiful. The meal after our ride was excellent, delicious lamb stew and bread and assorted cheeses and meats. His mother even made me a birthday cake for me. I highly recommend this company. It was an unforgettable experience!

Visited November 2014
3 attraction reviews
“A perfect way to explore Iceland from the horseback”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

Firstly, the very most important thing for me is to know that the horses are being well kept and taken care of. The Viking Horses seemed to live a happy and healthy life at the stables and were enjoying the October sun outside when I was visiting.

Secondly, to be able to book a private tour or to be a part of a small group is also very important, as this gives you a unique chance to connect with the excellent tour guide. I was lucky enough to have a private tour with Viggó, and he could explain a lot about Iceland, the history, the nature and above all we had a nice chat about the Icelandic horse :)

I was also given a horse Viggó carefully chose for me specifically to match my experience and my riding skills. Jókull was a great horse with a lot of experience and comfortable movements.

Back from the tour Svava had prepared for a nice lunch at the attic, and it felt like visiting with good old friends at their home :) To Viggó and Svava, thank you so much for your excellent service and the personal welcome -- I can highly recommend Viking Horses to anyone.

And I will definitely come back :)

Regards,
Heidi

Visited October 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful private tour with a very special birthday surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

This was a lovely group, who went out of their way to ensure our day was extra special. My husband was celebrating his birthday the day of our ride, and Svava & Viggo provided a wonderful surprise birthday lunch and a fresh baked chocolate torte cake with strawberries and whipped cream. The ride itself was wonderful. It was our first time in Iceland, and between the scenery, the adorable Icelandic horses and the graciousness of our hosts, it made for a very memorable, one-of-a-kind afternoon. If you're looking for a small group or private ride - this is your company. Thank you again to Viggo & Svava

Visited October 2014
Solna, Sweden
46 attraction reviews
“Little buggers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

As I am not a natural horserider this was a bit of adventure so I am glad my horse was selfgoing but you really had to hold on because they took every chance to compete with each other. Lovely sunny day so it was fine!

Visited March 2014