“Let there be light!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 258 Activities in Reykjavik
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: DISCOVER is a dynamic adventure travel operator in Iceland offering wide range of day and multi day tours and adventures to suit your desires with luxury. We are here to help you discover all the amazing things you can experience in the Icelandic nature. Our experienced driver guides will take you on a true adventure journeys around the most spectacular Icelandic hotspots in our modified luxury 4x4 Off Road Trucks. We provide you with personal service and make sure you have a memorable trip with us. Discover Ltd is registered tour operator by the Icelandic Tourist Board and cares about your safety on our trips.
“Let there be light!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Took 2 tours both very different . First was the golden circle which was great.
We were also lucky enough to see the Northern Lights. Our guide was really helpful and gave good advice on camera techniques , resulting in some good pics . Would use this company again .

Visited February 2014
Georg T, Owner at Discover Iceland - 4x4 Offroad SuperJeep Tours, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you very much for the Review Lorraine. I warms my heart to knowing that you did like our tours. Most of our guides are good with camera settings but not all of them yet. I am very keen to know what we could have done better in order to receive 5 stars from you, perhaps you can email us to info@discover.is , we are always looking for ways to improve our service. Hope to see you back in Iceland later on :)

Quincy, Massachusetts
“Unbeatable Way To See Iceland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We only had a few days to spend in Iceland before heading off to our final destination. With that being said we decided to take Discover SuperJeep Tour and see a good portion of the country all in one shot. We were not disappointed. In one day we were able to see waterfalls, tectonic plates, geysers, ride on a glacier and enjoy some relaxation in one of the hidden geothermal baths. This was a full day adventure with an amazing guide and can not be beat. Best way to see Iceland is using Discover Iceland Tours. When we return to Iceland we plan to go on one of the other adventures offered. Sven you are the man! Keep up the good work!

Visited March 2014
I did enjoy reading your review, thank you very much for taking the time to write it. I am glad you did enjoy your day out with Sven, he is great like all the others :) And thank you for the photos, they look really amazing. Hope to see you back in Iceland later on :)
Lincolnshire
“Grand Finale to a Brilliant Holiday.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

As a magical holiday drew to a close,
What else could we possibly want to see after after seeing geysers nature at its most extreme, a brilliant display of the northern lights, well, actually I had set my heart on photographing an ice cave, some more waterfalls, Icelandic horses, interesting basalt columns and a volcano.

I had resigned myself to the fact that these would have to go on hold until our next excursion to Iceland as the forecast for our final day was very poor, however, a cursory glance at the forecast suggested an improvement for the following (and our final day). I called "Discover Iceland" and spoke to Georg, he informed us that he would have to make changes for his other schedules and accommodate our wishes.

Georg rolled up the following morning, I hit him with my list and tongue in cheek told he would get a bonus if we saw a Ptarmigan or Rjúpa as they are locally known, after some pondering, Georg said "I know exactly where we are going"

Our Journey took us past majestic waterfalls, stunning landscapes, fields of Icelandic horses, we forded several rivers to reach our ultimate destination .... The ice cave at Eyjafjallajokull and a wonderful paradise that is Thórsmörk or Þórsmörk, secluded from the rest of civilisation by glacial rivers, mountains a volcanoes.

As we drank in the tranquility and the sheer beauty of the area, a brace of Ptarmigan flew directly overhead! I still owe Georg his bonus, so will get him a very nice beer next time we go!!!..... New itinerary is still "work in progress". My family and I very much look forward to travelling with Georg and "Discover Iceland" next time, in essence, a very professional and accommodating outfit and a thoroughly nice guy.
Highly recommended!!!

Visited January 2014
Thank you for this great review Nick. It was a privelage for me to have the oportunity to spend one day out with you and the family in Thorsmork. It was not hard for me to pick your location because Thorsmork is one of my favourite destination in Iceland because it is extremely beautiful and it offers so much SuperJeep offloading with the multiple river crossings and the rough landscapes. I wanted to share it with you :) Again thank you so much for the review and I look forward drinking beer with you either when I visit your farm in UK or when you come over again to discover more of Iceland :) Send my best regards to your son and please ask him to send my best regards again to Harry Potter, I know they are good friends :)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Experience the real Iceland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

It took me two visits to Iceland to finally get to take the SuperJeep tour offered by Discover Iceland and it was definitely worth the second trip to experience all that this trip offers. This day trip has to be one of the best adventures I have ever experienced in any country and lived up to all of my expectations and beyond. On this trip you get to see a spectacular waterfall or two or three...., incredibly beautiful scenery, Icelandic horses a plenty, a volcano, a glacier and depending on the tour also black sandy beaches, the wild North Atlantic.....need I say any more? All this from a SuperJeep which in itself is an amazing experience when negotiating rivers, rocks, snow and ice. I would absolutely recommend this trip to visitors to Iceland. My advice if deciding to take this trip is make sure your have plenty of space in your camera for photos and the batteries are charged because the by the end of the day the memory card will be full of pictures and the batteries flat!! Also make sure you bring a good warm jacket, waterproofs and strong walking boots to make the most of what this trip offers. A packed lunch would be advisable too. Have fun and enjoy what the Iceland has to offer beyond Reykjavik.

Visited March 2014
Thank you for the review Martin, It brings me joy knowing that you did like your days out with us :) Good point with the memory stick and enough of space and a good battery, there are so many pictures you can take on these tours, so much to see, so much to do. Hope to see you later in Iceland for another Discover adventure :)
England
“Highlight of our holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We visited Iceland on 21st March for 4 nights. We booked the Northern Lights tour and Golden Circle tour with Discover Iceland after reading all the review on tripadvisor. We had the best time. Sven took us out for the GC tour where we got to see how amazing Iceland is. The superjeeps are great fun, as is off-roading. It was great passing all the large coaches that could only go so far and having time to wander around at our own pace. Sven has a great sense of humour and answered all the questions thrown at him. Driving onto the glacier was a real wow.

We did the Northern Lights tour the same evening (yep very long, but amazing day). We were picked up by Orri - again great sense of humour, and happy to answer all our questions. Unfortunately the didnt dance for us, however chasing them in the dark was an adventure in itself! The stars put on a great show though! We were offered the opportunity to go out again, however we had already arrived back in the uk :(

Seriously - book your tour with these guys, you will not be disappointed. They put a lot off effort into making sure you see as much as you can. It seems like they have built up their reputation through word of mouth.....that's the best advertisement for any company. 10/10 from us. Keep up the good work guys, and i'll defo be recommending you! :D

Visited March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review and all the photos look amazing. Glad you did enjoy your day out in one of our SuperJeeps going up the glacier Langjokull enjoying the sights. Doing the Golden Circle tour in a SuperJeep is so much added fun not only because we only have small groups but also because you can drive on the glacier. Knowing it was the highlight of your holiday does for sure make us proud :)