“The Legend of Flosi” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 208 activities in Reykjavik
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: DISCOVER is a dynamic adventure travel operator in Iceland offering wide range of day and multi day tours and adventures to suit your desires with luxury. We are here to help you discover all the amazing things you can experience in the Icelandic nature. Our experienced driver guides will take you on a true adventure journeys around the most spectacular Icelandic hotspots in our modified luxury 4x4 Off Road Trucks. We provide you with personal service and make sure you have a memorable trip with us. Discover Ltd is registered tour operator by the Icelandic Tourist Board and cares about your safety on our trips.
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Legend of Flosi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

My friend and I pre-booked The Golden Circle Tour and The Northern Lights, prior to arriving... The huge 4x4 picked us up and the guide introduced himself... His name was Flosi... Let me tell you folks this man is a legend... There were 4 of us altogether and we all got to enjoy Flosi's driving skills and his local knowledge as we made out way round the circle... Unlike coach trips it feels more personal and you can go places coaches and cars can't reach... Flosi asks lots of questions and can take you to see the odd extra that you wouldn't expect... The northern lights your or 'hunt' felt more like a mountain climb, so the drops in a 4x4 can be great fun, made more so as Flosi laughs as the wagon practically goes down a cliff face! The hunt took us over to his gone town an hour from Reykjavik, we did find the light but unfortunately not much off a show and they only looked clear through the camera if you have a DSLR and Tripod. Flosi actually taught me how to use my camera! I need to sort that out... My only disappointment is I didn't add the snowmobile element when we ended up on the glacier... I highly recommend these guys... Ask for Flosi!!

Perth, Australia
11 attraction reviews
“Great way to see the highlights of Iceland in VIP style, especially if you're short on time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Einar picked us up from our hotel on time and we took the tour with one other couple, which didn't take the gloss off an exceptional tour. We only had a couple of days in Iceland and were looking for a personal tour that covered all the big hitters. Einar looked after us very well and was extremely knowledgable and insightful which helped us learn about the beautiful Icelandic culture. Einar did things out of the ordinary that personalised the tour, such as visiting his sister's shop and stopping to pat Icelandic horses. Trip highlights were driving on the glacier, lamb stew washed down with a can of Viking beer and visiting an active volcano which we walked around. I can't recommend this tour highly enough, fantastic memories that will last forever.

Visited August 2013
Northport, New York
4 attraction reviews
“I wish there was a rating above excellent... Discover Iceland deserves it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had an absolutely incredible day with Discover Iceland!!! From the first email I received back from Georg until Sven dropped me back at my hotel at the end of the day, I was extremely impressed with this company. Georg was always prompt and helpful in his emails. From Georg's communications to his selection of guides, it is clear that Discover Iceland is a top notch operation!

Due to weather issues, the original tour I wanted to go on had to be amended but that was not an issue. We walked behind waterfalls, stood on a glacier, crossed a river several times, tromped on freshly fallen snow and checked out a black sand beach. Sven was always there to lend a helping hand to someone who is more used to warm weather scuba diving holidays! I struggle with remembering all of the places we went but rest be assured, each was awe inspiring in its own way. I can't think of a better way to see Iceland than in a comfortable but rugged and powerful 4x4. I didn't stop smiling the entire day!

My guide, Sven, is a true ambassador for Iceland. He is knowledgeable, helpful, humorous and kind. I feel that my time on this tour gave me a wonderful glimpse about what makes Iceland truly extraordinary, from its otherworldly landscape to its fascinating history. Sven kept us entertained the entire time. The other people on the tour were a fun couple from England who planned on staying in Iceland another week. Sven gave them some great tips for the rest of their stay.

With tourism booming in Iceland, there are a plethora of tour operators popping up. Though I am sure other operators do a good job, I'd be shocked if any come close to Discover Iceland's level of excellence. Do yourself a favor and go with them-you'll have a blast!

I plan on returning to Iceland this summer. I can't wait to do another tour (or two!) with Discover Iceland! Thanks Georg and Sven!!! You made someone who loves sunny days and warm water enjoy a cold and wintery day-no small feat! :)

Shepperton, United Kingdom
“amazing trip!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had booked a trip for our son's birthday, spending a bit more to make it a memorable day, and boy did we get that. Georg was in constant touch with any questions we needed answers for and on the day provided us with the wonderful Radnar, who filled our 9 hour day with amazing facts and folklore about Iceland. We will never forget our day and can't wait to go back and book another trip with Radnor.

Aylesbury
“We'll worth it!! (Not for the faint hearted)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We went on the golden circle 4x4 with snowmobiling trip on 13th November. The weather was awful in Reykjavik and rained for the first part of the day but it didn't spoil it. You can get right up close to the geysers which is fascinating. The guides were both really knowledgeable and had some great stories to tell. The drive was brilliant for anyone who watches ice road truckers - off roading on the rocky terrain then falling off the glacier road getting stuck in the snow! All the tour guides know each other and as the heavy snow wasn't easing up our guides got us on another monster truck that was passing to get us to the snowmobiling while they dug the jeep out. It was touch and go as to whether they would let us go in the conditions but it went ahead and what an awesome experience - driving thought 3ft deep snow all the way to a spectacular view of the volcano in the sunset. Beautiful. All in all this trip made our holiday if you can afford to go with these guys it's well worth it - only one other couple with us in the jeep so it was a really good laugh. If you don't like this kind of thing choose the bus trips instead but for me this is the way to see Iceland.