“Awesome week in Iceland” 5 of 5 stars

$129*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Arctic Adventures is an Icelandic adventure and activity company with an emphasis on eco tourism and environmentally friendly trips in the amazing Icelandic nature. Our story starts way back in 1983 as a rafting company with the Boat people on Hvita river. We have been rafting this river all those years and even though we broadened our range of products a lot throughout the last years, we are still Iceland's elite rafting company. Today anyhow, we operate a multitude of tours in South Iceland, both from our headquarters in Reykjavíks city center and our base camps on the Golden Circle close to Geysir and Gullfoss and in Skaftafell in the South East. We also operate a number of tours in Thingvellir National Park.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Awesome week in Iceland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We went to 3 tours with Arctic Adventures: Black & Blue with Andri, U-Drive Golden Circle with Gilli and Blue Ice. The snorkelling with Andri was awesome ! My boyfriend really enjoyed the Super Jeep driving with Gilli. This day was really nice as we spent the all day alone with our guide. The Ice Climbing was demanding but good fun ! All guides know the country and have plenty of stories about it ! We really had very good holidays, thanks to Arctic Adventures !

Heide, Germany
“Great ATV&Cave, Golden Circle and Blue Lagoon Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I´d booked all my trips during may stay on Island with Arctic Adventures. All off the staff ( Guys, Drivers, etc. ) a very friendly.
The Trips made all a lot of fun and it was a great time with Arctic Adventures!

Mold, United Kingdom
“Great blue ice trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. The tour itself was excellent, my favourite part was having a go at ice climbing :) The time given hiking on the ice is adequate and the difficulty level is easy and makes the trip open to pretty much everyone. I will book future trips with Arctic Adventures and would recommend this trip to family and friends.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Northern Lights tour and Golden Circle Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went in mid January on the Northern Lights tour and the Golden Circle tour. Was very impressed with the communication leading up to the trip. We had a lot of questions to ask about what gear we needed and what temperatures to expect. All of my questions were answered and we hadn't even booked the trip yet. We were lucky enough to get a great view of the Northern Lights. I'm from New Zealand and the caving was not very exciting to caving I've done in NZ but might be worth it if you've never been caving before. Take some food with you on the Golden Circle tour, it's a long day and there is only one stop where they sell over priced food.
I've recommended Arctic Adventures to my friends who are going to Iceland.

Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
29 attraction reviews
“Reykjavik's Source for Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I used Arctic Adventures for both their Blue Ice and Black and Blue excursions.

On my Blue Ice tour, it was actually raining pretty good, but the guide let us decide what we wanted to do. In the end, the rain cleared up and we spent one of the longest times on the ice that he had ever done. We all got to walk around quite a bit in a very 'hands-off' fashion. The pace was good and the guide very knowledgeable. We all got to ice climb, as well. The glacier itself wasn't too exciting as we weren't in an ice fall zone. The main features we saw were moulins.

The Black and Blue tour was a little less adventurous, but very unique and worth a trip. The lava tube was much smaller and localized than I had imagined. I think I spent most of the time on the 1km walk hunched over (I'm 6ft tall). Again the guide let us choose our destiny by going an alternate route that involved more crawling and climbing on our return. The snorkeling portion of the trip is needless to say cold. The gear was excellent and made it possible, though. The water in the fissure is amazing and felt like I was in an aquarium. Not really any life to see, but the experience is very unique.

If I return to Iceland, I will certainly use Arctic Adventures for more excursions!!