“Unforgettable trip! - volcano hike” 5 of 5 stars

$130*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Arctic Adventures is an Icelandic adventure and activity company with an emphasis on eco tourism and environmentally friendly trips in the amazing Icelandic nature. Our story starts way back in 1983 as a rafting company with the Boat people on Hvita river. We have been rafting this river all those years and even though we broadened our range of products a lot throughout the last years, we are still Iceland's elite rafting company. Today anyhow, we operate a multitude of tours in South Iceland, both from our headquarters in Reykjavíks city center and our base camps on the Golden Circle close to Geysir and Gullfoss and in Skaftafell in the South East. We also operate a number of tours in Thingvellir National Park.
Hong Kong
4 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable trip! - volcano hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

2 friends & I joined the "Thorsmork volcano hike tour" on 25/10/2012. We visited the volcano that just erupted in 2010. The view was fantastic up there! That wasn't an easy trail though. Our guide (Palli) was very supportive and friendly. Without hiim, I think I could not complete the hiking! He saved me when I nearly fell off from the mountain during descending. This tour is the highlight of my stay in Iceland. I highly recommend this.

Sabrina from Hong Kong

Visited October 2012

Germany
33 attraction reviews
“Into the Blue Snorkeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

What a great experience! I would defidenlty recommend this tour. We were orginally going to be picked up by them, but then realized that it was only a 2 minute walk from our hotel (reykjavik residence). We did not realized that in order to rent the underwater camera we had to do that at the office, luckily we had brought our camera and learned that it was the updated version of theirs (olympus shock proof/water proof). It was nothing fancy, but it worked. The guides were nice and it was a great experience. Worth the money.

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing guides- great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We did the Rafting and Golden Grand Slam tour in August 2012. Neither my partner or I had ever been rafting before, and the guides were great fun, and we loved every minute!
The knowledge of the guides was incredible and made the drives from place to place interesting.
I'd recommend this to anyone visiting Reykjavik!

Visited August 2012
UK
9 attraction reviews
“Rafting plus Golden Circle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My partner and I did the Golden Grand Slam day tour, which consisted of half a day white water rafting on the Hvita river, lunch, then the "Golden Circle" tour of Gullfoss (waterfall), Geysir (geysers) and Thingvellir (national park and historical site). It was all very good. I had not done rafting before but the instructors were excellent and I really enjoyed it. My partner opted not to do rafting and there was no problem with him coming along as a spectator. It was good to do the Golden Circle part of the day in a small group and in a very relaxed manner. The guide, Gulli, was informative and let us take things at a relaxed pace.

Visited July 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Ice climbing, Golden Circle and Volcanos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I contacted Arctic adventures to find out about what tours would be available when I was travelling to Iceland in September. I was travelling on my own, so was keen to join some groups and see as much of Iceland as I could in the short time I was there.

Arctic adventures were very helpful in giving me suggestions of what I could do in the time within the time I had. I ended up booking 3 tours with them for which they gave me 10% discount,

They picked me up from my hotel every day and dropped me off. Each tour included lunch - generally a sandwich (ciabatta!), cake and juice drink. The tour guides were friendly and helpful and gave some of the history about what we were seeing.
We had plenty of time at the places and the length of tour was given in description on the website.

My favourite excursion was the Þórsmörk Volcano Hike - such amazing scenery, There were only 5 of us which was a nice group size.

It did not matter for any of the trips .I was travelling on my own and the tours made my trip to Iceland truly memorable.

Visited September 2012