“Paddle was friendly, personal, fun, beautiful and very, very Icelandic.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arctic Adventures - Day Tours

and up
Ranked #46 of 258 Activities in Reykjavik
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Arctic Adventures is an Icelandic adventure and activity company with an emphasis on eco tourism and environmentally friendly trips in the amazing Icelandic nature. Our story starts way back in 1983 as a rafting company with the Boat people on Hvita river. We have been rafting this river all those years and even though we broadened our range of products a lot throughout the last years, we are still Iceland's elite rafting company. Today anyhow, we operate a multitude of tours in South Iceland, both from our headquarters in Reykjavíks city center and our base camps on the Golden Circle close to Geysir and Gullfoss and in Skaftafell in the South East. We also operate a number of tours in Thingvellir National Park.
Reno, Nevada
11 attraction reviews
“Paddle was friendly, personal, fun, beautiful and very, very Icelandic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We are regular paddlers on lakes in Nevada and the Sierras, and we wanted to experience paddling in iceland. Our guides, Pall and Johann were welcoming, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and experienced. My husband and I are active environmentalists so we were interested in those issues. They were knowledgeable about that and talked about the history of the fjord, the culture and the wildlife. We'll be back!

Visited September 2011

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

If you ever find yourself on holiday in Iceland, you shouldn't leave without a trip rafting on the East Glacial River. Throughout my whole week in Iceland this was by far the best experience of the holiday and one of the best of any holidays I've ever had, excitement, adrenaline and fun, all for a very reasonable price. The guides are extremely competent but also incredibly good fun.

Visited August 2011
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
“ESSENTIAL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Landmanalaugar - Pórsmörk 5 days Hike. It was one of the best experiences of my life! The guide (Kristján) was fantastic, he was very helpful to all of us, and knew so much about the places we were visiting; we were really lucky with the weather, the organisation was absolutely brilliant, the food was excellent... I would book again an activity with Arctic with no doubts if I go back to Iceland! Thank you so much!

Visited August 2011
Zaragoza, Spain
39 attraction reviews
“Caving and snorkeling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I booked the Black & Blue (Snorkeling & Caving) tour through TourIs, but the actual tour was performed by Arctic Adventures.

We all expected the caving first and then the snorkeling, but it was the other way round. That was even better since when we got into the cave it was raining.

For the snorkeling we got dry suits which worked very well. No need to wear swimming suits underneath. Actually I left my socks on and I was glad I did it because I always get cold on my feet and here I could really feel it. I was also cold around my lips, but that is because that's the only part of your body in contact with the water. Visibility was perfect.

For the caving we got a helmet and a head lamp. You might want to take gloves because you'll need to use your hands to get a grip. If you're afraid of darkness, then you will not enjoy the time spent sitting inside with lamps off!!

The lunch was included and consisted of a sandwich, a big chocolate cookie and juice.

I really enjoyed this tour and would recommend it.

Visited September 2011
“Tour did not show up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011 via mobile

Do not use this company. I had the golden circle tour with snowmobiling booked and the company did not show up. On calling them they said they are only a "middle-man" and cannot control what the tour operators do. I had to go on a more expensive tour booked last minute. There are many good tour operators in Iceland' I would not waste your money on a "middle-man"