“Jon Frosti and Solstice Tours made my holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Solstice Tours is your key to traveling in Iceland on your own terms, be it during the Winter, in the Summer – or at Solstice. Do you feel like being more flexible and going with the flow? We make the trip personal and to suit your interest. Do you want to see something more out of the ordinary? If a pre-organized package tour is not exactly what you're after, your option is having Solstice Tours design your own adventure
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Jon Frosti and Solstice Tours made my holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I recently turned 40 years old, my partner gave me the wonderful gift of a trip to Iceland. I spent sometime before we travelled looking at various tours and things to spend our time doing whilst on the holiday. I stumbled across Solstice Tours and emailed them, Jon emailed me back within 24 hours to advise the cost of the tour and that he had availability, i liked the personal touch from the email and the fact it was a small local company using a 4X4 and felt i would get better value for money doing it this way than from a large company on a large coach.
We booked the Golden Circle Tour that included the Northern Lights that for me was a big part of the trip. I was emailed before we arrived to advise the chances of seeing the event and this was doubtful due to cloud.
We were collected on time in his vehicle and there were two other people in the vehicle with Jon on the tour. We travelled around all day and saw the most amazing sights, a real highlight was Gollfoss, the most amazing waterfall in the cold weather and ice. Jon went out of his way to give us some spikes to put on our feet to get us close to the waterfall in an area that was closed due to te bad weather conditions, without the spikes it was not safe to get so close. This was something that we would not have received from any other tour, certainly a unique selling point for Jon and Solstice. All throughout the day we were given the history of the island and so much information, he also went out of his to ensure we did the things we wanted to do and in the order we wanted.
The northern lights were due to be the evening event on that day but this was not possible so Jon asked if we would be flexible and should the weather break he would call us and we would go out to see them. Sure enough to his word the next evening he called late in the evening and we went out to see the amazing sight, he even took pictures and emailed these to me once i was home.
Jon and his tour were the highlight of the whole trip and knowing what i know about Jon and the company i would have missed out big time if i had not done the trip with him, the trip was great value for money and WHEN i go back to Iceland again i will get in contact to do another trip with him. Thank you for the amazing trip Jon. Paul & Peter

Visited February 2013

Japan
3 attraction reviews
“I found lots of fantastic Iceland places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was my first trip to Iceland from Japan, so I tried getting lots of information about Iceland on the internet. Jon, the guide of Solstice tour, was the best kind person to ask what I wanted to know of and do there with e-mail.
The price of this tour was cheaper than the other private tour that I checked. Moreover, he took me much more attractive places than I requested, and gave me comfortable time during the tour all the way. The BGM on the car was Sigur ros, yes, I'm a big fan of them, so I spent all time on the car like dreaming! I couldn't experience such a rich trip for me if I chose any other tour except this one.
I really appreciated his guidance because he taught me how many wonderful places Iceland has. It was good to choose this smaller company and very lucky with Jon. He was so kind, also worried about the earthquake in Japan. I got the picture of the northern light from him after back to Japan because I didn't see it, in spite of going on the northern light tour with the other company. Yes, he is a great guide!
Takk fyrir:D

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Golden Circle Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I would only recommend Jon Frosti of Solstice Tours if you're heading to Iceland. An amazing guide who takes you out in his 4x4 so you're part of a small intimate group. We were taken off the beaten track so got to see things that other tours didn't and as it's a small group (four people in ours) it's much more flexible so we chose where we wanted to go and there was no rush. Jon was so friendly, told great stories along the way and it was just amazing! Already thinking about planning my next trip to Iceland and i'll be looking to book with Solstice where I can.

Visited February 2013
Riegelsville
“Flexible, Creative, Capable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Jon Frosti was a marvelous guide for a winter tour of the Reykjanes peninsula, He brought me through the spectacular scenery, of course, but also told me the story of the land in a way that I'll not forget. So many stories told with such joy! He managed to pull together the area's geography and geology, with Iceland's human history, mythology, and contemporary issues. This was an active, beautiful day spent on many back roads. He took advantage of opportunities as they arose, altered plans as road conditions required, added side trips to follow up on things that especially interested me. He knows the city as well as the countryside and even added a quick overview of some special sites in Reykjavik that aren't in the tour books and that I wouldn't have know about if not for him. I give Jon Frosti my highest possible recommendation. A fun, informative, responsible-- Just wonderful.

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Jon is the best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Five of my friends and I went to Iceland for a New Year's trip and of course decided to take in some of the beautiful landscapes this country has to offer. We could not have been happier with selecting Jon for our Golden Circle Tour. He was thoughtful, entertaining, full of information and provided us with a day we will never forget (and have not stopped talking about since!). We had some treacherous weather that day (rain, snow and wind!) but we were so excited and entertained that we hardly took notice. Actually it only added to our trip and our big joke of the day was we were North of the Wall in a Game of Thrones episode! I would absolutely recommend taking a Solstice tour, you will not be disappointed!!!

Visited December 2012