“Eating at the Seafood grill.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sjavargrillid (Seafood Grill)

Sjavargrillid (Seafood Grill)
Skolavordustigur 14, Reykjavik 101, Iceland
+354 571 1100
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 289 restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: In 2010 a young chef from Húsavík, was awarded Chef of the year 2010 in Iceland.The young chef, Gústav spent months traveling around Iceland looking for the real taste of Iceland, along the way he found a few things that are key items of the interior of the restaurant.Take a look at our menu, it will be our pleasure to fire up the old grill when you honor us with a visit.
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Eating at the Seafood grill.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Basically a sort of fine dining. Ok if you like that sort of thing. Quite dark so you cant really see what you are eating! Choice not too great - I was expecting more - particulary sea food. Quite expensive too - but then most food in Iceland is.

Visited February 2013

92% Recommend
  • Polish first
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Top class and child freindly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Just returned from Reykjavic and felt I should make the effort to briefly review this lovely restaurant. Visited early evening with my family (two kids 6 and 8) and found the place packed (luckily we booked). Waitress gave the kids colouring pencils/books and attended perfectly thereafter. Food was interesting, tasty, uniquely presented and large portioned. Pleased we pushed the boat out visiting.

Gardabaer
“Excelent food at a very good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Went yesterday with my wife for two light dishes and a glass of good whitewine - one word: Excelent!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Pure Dining at Icelandic's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Really nice atmosphere.
Great selection of Icelandic fish.
Nice wines.
Extremely friendly and helpful staff.

And a nice area for an after-dinner stroll :)

Portsmouth
“I just cannot buck the trend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I read a number of reviews for Sjavargrillid before visiting and they persuaded me to book via our hotel to eat here on our first night. Much as I would love to be original and post something unique - I just can't take issue with any of the other reviewers who have enjoyed a splendid meal with attentive but not overpowering service.

Four of us ate for about £200 (but without wine as this is hugely expensive for not particularly good quality - I resent paying £40 or more for a bottle of something that I can get for £7-8 in my local supermarket - but don't get me started on wine mark up in any restaurant!

The food is fresh and many of the dishes are given a nice local twist - the fish in particular is superb but this is probably to be expected in a seafood restaurant. Don't let that put off meat eaters - one of our group had the local lamb and was certainly not disappointed! My salmon was amonst the best I have eaten! Portion size was adequate and none of us left feeling that we could have eaten more.

Sadly the one thing that the restaurant could not control - the people on the next table spoilt what would have otherwise been a perfect evening. Such a shame that one or two of our transatlantic cousins find it necessary to speak constantly with the volume turned to max! Oh for a mute button.

Visited February 2013