“Awesome experience in the city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Islenski Hesturinn, The Icelandic Horse - Riding Tours

Islenski Hesturinn, The Icelandic Horse - Riding Tours
Surtlugotu 3 | Fjarborg, Reykjavik, Iceland (Háaleiti)
+354 434 7979
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The horse rental in Reykjavík, Iceland. Small family firm with personal service.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome experience in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

During our visit to Iceland a ride on Icelandic horses was on my wife's list of things to do. I myself have spent little time on a horse, but we booked it. We were not disappointed with our experience. Begga with her infectious grin matched our skills to the horse and away we went. It was different than riding any other horse with the "Tolt" stride of these horses. The trails was beautiful with the city nearby. It was just a blast and we were sad to see it Enid. We will do it again with Begga when we return to Iceland.

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I came here on the Wednesday and had a fantastic ride on Ljösbrá on the Thursday, and I came back again on the Saturday and rode Blissi Minn!

Begga, Inga, and all of the staff here are so friendly and knowledgeable. They clearly love their job and the horses so much!

Experiencing the tölt and the stunning environment are something unforgettable. Hands down this is the only and the best place to go riding in Reykjavik!

Saudi Arabia
11 attraction reviews
“Awesome ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My second time riding with Íslenski Hesturinn, and they are excellent! Pick-up from the hotel was exactly on time. It was nice to meet the people and the horses again. Begga and Inga are knowledgeable and have great sense of humor.
Helmets, boots, hi-viz rain coat and trousers, and gloves are available. I would definitely recommend at least the raincoat, without it I would have been soaking wet!
Thoroughly enjoyable experience and I will be back again. Thank you!

Colorado
“Amazing Icelandic horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We so enjoyed riding Begga's Icelandic horses! Our group of 10 ranged from seasoned riders to novices, and she and her crew made each of us comfortable. For me, having ridden a fair amount, getting to experience the unique gait "tolt" was amazing, and something I won't forget. Thanks to all, and especially your sweet horses, for a memorable experience!

New York City, New York
“Stunning country and horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Begga and her husband are very knowledgeable about the horses. Begga clearly loves horses and loves sharing that passion with others. The lava fields were stunning to explore and the ride was very smooth. A great buy. Definitely recommend taking advantage of the warm gear and boots!