“Tour of Iceland” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Remlap, Alabama
“Tour of Iceland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I (along with four others) took a trip around Iceland in August 2012 arranged by Jens at Fun Travel Private Tours. From the first time I emailed Jens, I knew that his company would be the best company for us to see Iceland. Jens always answered my emails in a timely fashion and arranged a beautiful itinerary for us to get a good look and feel of Iceland. We were met at the airport by Kalli, our tour guide for the trip. Kalli was an excellent guide and driver, and we felt very fortunate to have him as our guide. He was knowledgeable and had wonderful stories to share with us about his country. You knew he was proud to be from Iceland. He took care of all of our needs (meals, hotel, etc.) in an excellent manner. Iceland is one of the most beautiful countries that I have ever visited, and Jens' itinerary gave us the opportunity to see much of it. I would recommend Fun Travel to anyone that is interested in visiting Iceland. You will not be disappointed with this company.

Richardson, Texas
“Pray, rattle and roll”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We took a 13 day tour of Iceland with 2 other couples in early Aug of 2012. Contacted Fun Travel 15 Sept 2011 to start the ball rolling and contact them again in mid Feb to make the needed deposits. Our guide was Karl who was the saving grace on this tour plus the gorgeous countryside. Transportation for us was horrid. We had a VW with cracked windows and many rattles. Had to stop to get a fuel line fixed; shock absorber came loose and clanged and banged for 2 days and the guys were crawling all over the VW to try to stop the noise before our guide removed it; engine overheated so we needed to roll down the windows and turn the heater full blast to make it up the hills. Please keep in mind that we are in REMOTE areas and have no idea if we will ever get out. The last day and a half, Jens got a new van to us. Our leader made many inquiries into the type of transportation beforehand to avoid just this situation. Jens reply is that he is getting it fixed so next year, someone will be able to have this VW again. Wow.

Don't ask for single beds as you get small, sterile rooms instead of the nicer rooms with a view, larger space etc.

Loved Iceland but would never recommend Fun Travel to anyone. Cannot believe Jens wanted us to write a report.

Visited August 2012
Fun_Travel_Iceland, Owner at Fun Travel Private Tours, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Pat K was indeed part of a group of 6 persons that I arranged a private 13 day round tour around Iceland. I had told the organizer they would be travelling in a VW mini van so I do not understand why that came as a surprise. The van has been in a good shape and has served me fine, it does not have cracked windows (if it had it would not pass an inspecition that all mini vans need to go through) and to my knowledge there was nothing wrong with it when the tour started. I have used it on similar tours many times before and it has always worked out fine. If I would have know about any mechanical problems, I would have had them fixed before the tour.

There was never any stop to fix the fuel line, I do not know for where Pat got that idea. However, about mid way into the tour one of the rear shock absorbers broke down, that is something that does not give any warning. And when I had the chance and opportunity I switched vans with them. During the tour, no one made any fuss about this and no one mentioned anything to me when I met them to switche the vans. And on the last day I met them at their finishing hotel and again, no one mentioned or spoke about these issues but all thanked me for the tour.

Two weeks later I got an e-mail from the organizer where she THANKED ME for arranging the tour that they were really happy with, in spite of this happening with the van, and offering giving references if I wanted to. I answered thanking her and in good faith gave her the link to Trip Advisor, asking her to write a short comment, I would hardly have done that if I suspected anything like this. So one can imagine my surprise seeing this review, especially considering that the writer could have contacted me several times addressing these issues and I would have been happy to try to compensate her in any way.

The comment about “small, sterile rooms instead of the nicer rooms with a view, larger space etc” is actually incomprehensible to me, if Pat felt she had somehow got worse rooms than others she should have mentioned that to the hotel staff and to me so I could have researched the matter and if true, done something about it. I do not ask for “small, sterile rooms instead of the nicer rooms with a view, larger space etc” when I book rooms for groups.

I wish Pat all the best and hope she feels better now after writing this review. I would however have appreciated it if she had spoken to me about these issues when she had the chance to and when I had the chance of doing something about it, something I would have been happy to do. I always want my clients to be as happy as possible and if something goes wrong, I try to fix it and compensate the client in some way.

Kind regards,
Jens Olafsson, Owner & Manager
Fun Travel
East Brunswick, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
“Fun Travel is the BEST way to see the Golden Circle and Iceland!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were so lucky to have Fun Travel and our wonderful guide, Palli, for a full day tour (8 hours) of Reykjavik, the Golden Circle and the beautiful countryside of Iceland. Pali was just wonderful!! We were a group of 80 people,on 4 tour buses (A private tour organized for passengers aboard the Caribbean Princess). I want to thank Jens SO MUCH for sending us the BEST TOUR GUIDES EVER!!!!! Everyone on our tour had an absolutely wonderful day in Iceland. Our tour guide, Palli, was just fantastic!!!! He was so wonderful!! He told us so much about everything that we saw that day! We loved hearing all of his stories and all of the wonderful historical facts and information that he taught us was just incredible. Iceland is truly an amazing country. I can't wait to come back and visit again. We were also so lucky that we had beautiful weather on August 30 as well. Palli took us to see the highlights of your beautiful country in one day - we were just amazed at the excellent job he did while driving and explaining about each sight that we saw - he was just wonderful!!!!!

Everyone on the tour complimented all of your guides and everyone had a wonderful day in Iceland!!! It was truly the highlight of our entire 14 day trip!!!

Please let Palli know that all of us on his bus LOVED our day in Iceland and were so happy to meet him and spend the day with him. He taught us so much!!!

Again, Jens, thank you so much for all of your hard work to make sure that we all had a wonderful day!!!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Site seeing with 1 & 4 yr old”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Having young children can be challenging to travel with on holidays if you want to see the raw nature of the place. Jens was able to take us to see all the great sites in a safe and comfortable manner.

James Chow

Visited April 2012
Bangkok
“visit JENS in ICELAND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Go visit ICELAND as JENS will be there to make you all feel at home.

JENS : he feels the rhythm of each person
: he introduce Iceland the way your best friend or family would
: Patient, Caring, Flexible, Informative, Professional