“trip of a lifetime” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Iceland Luxury Tours offers premium travel services and tours in Iceland. Let us plan your whole trip to Iceland or simply book individual day tours. We are a DMC who offers all the classic tours in our luxury super jeeps or SUV's and the popular super jeep adventure tours to the glaciers, volcanos and interior highlands for individuals, small and large groups alike. Our staff has extensive experience in organizing custom and event tours for small and large groups. If you are looking for a true experience in Iceland you came to the right place. We are looking forward to hearing from you, Sveinn Sigurdur Kjartansson, Founder, Owner and Manager.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
New York
“trip of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I can't say enough about Iceland luxury tours. Sveinn built a 4 day tour that simply left us breathless. We seemed to have done it all, from climbing to the top of an active volcano (Hekla, the only name I can pronounce) to boating among the icebergs, to a aerial tour of the island in a helicopter (where I lost my lunch), to some of the most breathtaking scenery I've ever seen, to driving a snow mobile on top of a glacier, to seeing the most spectacular array of waterfalls on earth. Einar drove around in his 4 by 4 tank, which seemed to be able to climb anything. He was a wealth of information on the culture, history and natural wonders of the island. We stayed in a private villa for two nights which is a must, I also highly recommend getting dinner cooked in the house. In Reykjavik we stayed in the 101 hotel which is a great modern gem in the center of it all (I stayed in the Hilton during the first night, which is fine but not as well located or nearly as nice as the 101). All in all, Iceland is not cheap, but I can't imagine that anyone going for a private guided tour of the island could do any better than Sveinn and his gang.

Visited July 2013

Shanghai, China
“Wonderful and impressive tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We compared several agencies on internet before the trip, and sent request to ILT and got very quick response from Sveinn. He provided us very useful information and recommended several options including Seglbudir Cabin to us. This is our best choice and we spent the wonderful night there. Jon is a very knowledgeable guide not only on geography, but also on history, animal etc. We went to South Coast, Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon, Kirkjubaejarklaustur, Thorsmork and Golden Circle. My family including my 5 years son really like this 3 days experience, and we believe some day later, we will be back.

Visited June 2013
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Fantastic Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

From the start we had very good communication with the company. Fast answers, clear messages. Positive and they wanted to solve all problems to get us a fantastic Day.
Einar met us outside our hotel. He drove us through History and tuff nature. Told us a lot about all the things we saw on our way. He was a pleasant compny, and an excellent driver. We visited Geysir, Gullfoss, Thingvellir, Langjøkull and a lot of other fantastic places throughout the Day.
Recommend this company!!

Visited May 2013
Bellaire, Texas
“Great time in Iceland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I took our 2 daughters (21 and 25) to Iceland for spring break. ILT arranged some great tours for us. We had a great time. Stein and our other guides were very accommodating, and made sure we were well taken care of. I would highly recommend using this outfit, and when we return to iceland we will certainly use them again.

Visited March 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Bucket List Experience with Iceland Luxury Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

While an adventure trip to Iceland was not on our "bucket list"...our family (my husband and 2 daughters ages 23 and 10) decided to spend a week in Reykjavik for Spring Break (March 23-30, 2013) since we wanted to do something "different"...in Europe..in a week...without spending too long traveling. In a word...it was SPECTACULAR.

After doing online research, I coordinated all of our activities with Iceland Luxury Tours. Sveinn responded within a few hours to my email contact, and thereafter was extraordinarily responsive and flexible as we planned a week of activities for our family. The adventure experiences surpassed all of our expectations.
1) Golden Circle Tour including snowmobiling on a glacier. Private tour in a comfortable, massive well-maintained 4x4. Stops along the way to the glacier were well-timed. But, what I appreciated most was that our guide, Einar, took it upon himself to make sure that our 10 year old daughter had a great experience and felt safe on the snowmobile. After we all got outfitted with special gear to keep us warm, he took her on his snowmobile for the entire trip which was a blast for her.
2) Thorsmork and Eyjafjallajokull volcano area tour. Another private 9 hour tour in the same vehicle with Stefan. Visiting these locations felt like we were somewhere between Mars..the moon..and a Disney movie. His expert driving over "moon rocks" was impressive. We greatly appreciated the stops at the Geothermal plant with an indepth tour/explanation of Iceland's use of their natural resources and then he stopped at a working dairy farm.
3) Snorkeling at Silfra...was a once in a lifetime experience. Our guide immediately recognized how terrified I was (since I don't swim) and he stayed by my side during the entire trip. Very much appreciated as we were in water that was over 2000 feet deep. Yes, the water was 32 degrees and your hands and lips get a little numb, but with a dry suit...the rest of you stays dry and pretty warm. Don't miss it!
4) Blue Lagoon...classic stop on the way to the airport. But, with surprise stops along the way to see clay themal pools/hot pits, sheer cliff drops, and other cool stuff!

Do it. Put it on your bucket list! Coordinate with Sveinn...Top Notch!

Visited March 2013