“tasty food, exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Icelandic Bar (Islenski Barinn)

Icelandic Bar (Islenski Barinn)
Internal Ingolfsstraeti 1, Reykjavik 101, Iceland (Miõborg)
+354 517 6767
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 323 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Scandinavian, Bar, Fish & Chips
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Description: Icelandic through and through. Icelandic cuisine with a twist. Not touristy, more the place for travelers to mix with the locals.
Bluemont, Virginia
“tasty food, exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stopped in for early dinner and drinks on a rainy afternoon to find a very warm and inviting atmosphere. Excellent selection of beers and good dinner options on the menu. My burger was delicious, although initally I was served the wrong burger and had to wait for it to be corrected while my friend ate her meal. Service was very friendly and otherwise excellent, despite the mix up. The problem was easily rectified and we were even offered a complimentary drink of rhubarb schnapps. Elin was especially hospitable, knowledgeable, patient (we asked a lot of questions) and very kind and definitely helped to make this our best dining experience while in Reykjavik.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Friendly service, good tunes, great Lamb Soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stopped in here on a lark and were pleasantly surprised. Quiet and warm with a very nice beer selection and some carefully curated tunes. Had the traditional Icelandic Lamb Soup and it was superb. We brought the rest of the family a few days later and the chef explained that the soup might be a bit different because each cook uses his or her own families recipe. The soup was, again, incredible. Clean place and friendly service.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Best lamb-burger I have ever had. Top notch service and excellent athmosphere. The dish was a clever woodenplate that was interesting to eat from and we even got extra service of frnch fries on the house. Will definately be coming back.

• Visited July 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Do the catch of the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stumbled past their sandwich board which noted that on the menu was the catch of the day. Oh. My. God. It was possibly the best meal I had during my two weeks of travel (and I went to Paris!) My entree was served in a iron pan that would seem like you make bread in (I don't know the significance of it) but my meal was cooked to perfection. My catch of the day was salmon and was mouth-wateringly delicious! My desert was "meh" but my entree made up for any dalliances! My server was very attentive and sweet. I wouldn't hesitate to stop by here again.

• Visited June 2014
“Family-like atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I was there just one month after their opening and was pleasantly surprised how good service they provide. Our waiter (a young guy, but I am afraid I forgot his name), was very lovely and entertaining. We followed his recommendation to taste a birthday sandwich and we did not regret. The chocolate dessert was one of the best I tasted here. The furtniture and cutlery with plates reminded me of happy times spent in the coutryside. I would definitely recommend this place for lunch.

• Visited June 2014