“South and West Coast with Iurie” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Photography and sightseeing tours to all parts of Iceland.These flexible tours are driven by a passion for photography and the Icelandic nature.Flexible tours for small groups including advice and guidance regarding photography, Icelandic history and geography. Tours include transportation and accommodation outside of Reykjavik.
New Jersey, United States
“South and West Coast with Iurie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I spent four fabulous days exploring the south west coast of Iceland in July 2013. From the first contact my e-mail in April till we actually started our trip, Iurie was very prompt with answers and suggestions to our various questions while setting up the trip.
We started our trip on a Wednesday evening in Reykjavik and headed out straight away to find some really wonderful spots to take photographs of all the wonderful sights that Iceland has to offer. Unfortunately the weather was not that great most of the trip but we still managed to get some great photographs. What really made the difference was the way that Iurie adapted to the changing weather conditions and our requests as the trip progressed. Always very patient and a wealth of information about Iceland and our desire to learn more about photography. When we came to the various photo opportunities that have been recorded countless times, he always had some interesting suggestions and advise on how to get a different perspective.
I would highly recommend Iurie if you are interested in photography and would like to get an interesting and different perspective of a wonderful country.
Definitely will be back to explore other parts of Iceland.

New York City, New York
“Trip to South Coast with Iurie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I took a full day trip to the south coast with Iurie. The purpose of my trip was to photograph, in all its glory, Iceland. Lurie was knowledgable, helpful and very much wanted me to have a good experience. I learned a lot in terms of my photography skills. Lurie helped me with photographic composition. It was a delight to have a private tour with Iurie
I highly recommend this adventure

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Jökulsárlón adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just came back from Iceland - incredible experience in Jökulsárlón absolutely DO it !
Golden circle - is not that interesting too many people and not much to see

Snifensen ( sorry if wrong) spelling is soo0... peaceful - do it as well
Blue lagun is incredible as well - but you need to spend at least 4-5 hours there

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Iceland Aurora Photo Tours-Lurie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I went to Iceland in May and got a package tour including the hotel. So we decided to take a "long" one day tour to Jokularsarlon with Lurie. He was very knowledgeable about good places to stop along the way, including another glacier where our group of 4 were the only ones. After the sunset, Lurie drove us carefully back to the city, and we got back around 4 am. That is a big advantage of taking this company's photo tours. The tour guides are also photographers and know the importance of light, angles, location, etc. I would recommend taking 2 days to go to Jokularsarlon though, since there are so many amazing sites along the way, like snow covered mountains enveloped by great while whispy clouds. Lurie was very willing to stop wherever we wanted, but reminded us that we had to divide our time between places. Thank you Lurie for taking us on a great tour!

Visited May 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Two day South Coast + Jökulsárlón & Snæfellsness Peninsular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Had a great experience with Iurie as our guide. On the first day of our tour, he was on time and he picked me up at my accommodation and we subsequently drove to the bus terminal to pick up another passenger whom we are sharing the tour with. The three of us were very new to each other but we got to know each other in no time as Iurie was very friendly and was able to relate to travelers very well. In his rover, he provided us each with a bottled water which I thought was excellent. We drove towards the South Coast and stopped at a few popular spots along the way for photographs. Iurie as an experienced guide in Iceland provided us with tips on how to photograph it well. He even volunteered to lend his camera to the other passenger who had a point and shoot camera. We then journey on Jökulsárlón where we would rest for the night. The weather was bad for the whole day, it was raining and cloudy which diminishes the possibility of seeing northern lights. Nevertheless, Iurie stayed up the night to observe the sky. Should the sky clear and when northern lights appear, he will wake us up. For the second day, we visited glaciers of Iceland and other spots. We concluded the night in Reykjavik and Iurie brought us to a spot for northern lights. Despite the cold weather, Iurie had a lot of patience with us as it was our very first time photographing the northern lights.

In short, Iurie was great. I would highly recommend him to other travelers or photographers. He goes the extra mile and will always try to accommodate with the request that we have. He is very approachable and we could ask him anything under the sun. Two thumbs up for him!

Visited February 2013