Stayed at Backpackers for six nights and my friend and I couldn't have been happier with our choice. Great value for the very convenient location in the center of the city.
We had a room with two double beds, but there are rooms available with four and six beds as well (for those that are looking for lower cost per night). Beds were comfortable, common areas were clean. For the amount of time spent in our room (basically to only crash after a long day excursion and then some night time drinks), the accommodations were just fine. If you keep your expectations in check - you're at a hostel, not a hotel - this place does not disappoint.
The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. They recommended different types of activities, places to eat, things to see, renting a car, etc. And, they book the excursions for you! Just let them know what you're interested in doing for the day and they'll pick up the phone and book it for you. They'll also let you know how/where to get where you need to go (sometimes the tours pick you up from the hotel and others require you to take a bus to meet the group).
Located on the main drag of the city. Shopping, cafes, restaurants, bus stops, bars are steps away.
- If you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. There is a busy and fun bar downstairs and the hostel is located on a busy city street.
- Going out to dinner in Iceland is expensive, so when you check in to the hostel the staff let you know where the nearest grocery stores are. There is a kitchen on the fourth floor that was well kept.
- Go to the happy hour at this hostel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel is located on Laugavegur, the main shopping street. We are affiliated with Iceland's longest running adventure company, Arctic Adventures, and our guests can choose from great offers on their tours. Our staff can provide expert information on what to do, see and experience during your stay and will gladly arrange some activities for our guests. With our unbeatable location and prices in a lively hostel we make it our priority to make your stay as pleasant as possible! See you in Iceland! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Reykjavik Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.