“I had one afternoon in Reykjavik” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 257 Activities in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are interested in one or multiple days in hiking, driving, strolling, sailing or flying above Iceland, Season Tours can fulfill your dreams and cater to all your wishes. Specialized, knowledgeable guides provide the rest as they educate, inform, entertain and inspire you on your travels. Guides open up the country ​​​​​Season Tours is a company that specializes in small groups and personalized services. The staff is dedicated to rendering quality service. The guides were educated at the University of Iceland and will not only show you around the beautiful and inspiring nature of Iceland but also tell you all about the Vikings, the Icelandic Sagas, the history of Iceland, the geology, culture, cuisine, flora and fauna. The interesting and well documented 1100 years of human habitation of this volcanic island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean will come alive at the places where the most significant events took place.
“I had one afternoon in Reykjavik”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011 via mobile

I had a 24 hour layover and wanted to stay in the city. I contacted Season Tours before in left and scheduled my tour. When I arrived, I was the only person on the tour and Gunsi was very patient with me as that was my first time on a scooter. I had a very personal, detailed tour from a knowledgeable guide and highly recommend this company!

Toronto, Canada
“Long overdue review for Season Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I visited Iceland back in April for a couple weeks and did 3 tours with Season Tours. I did a day-long trip out to Jokulsarlon, a hike up Mt. Keilir & the Reykjavik e-bike tour. Gunnsi and Tyffi are some amazing guys and I had a great time on all the tours I've done with them. The groups are always small (all my tours were either with 1 or 2 other people) and a very relaxed atmosphere. I highly recommend them for anyone visiting Iceland and will continue to book tours with them on my subsequent visits.

Thank you Gunnsi & Tyffi for some of the most memorable experiences of my trip to Iceland and look forward to seeing you guys when I get back out there!

Jason

Visited April 2011
Berkshire
“Informative and fun - a brilliant day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Having booked Gunnsi's Golden Circle tour online beforehand we were delighted that everything ran exactly as scheduled on our first full day in Iceland. Gunnsi was extremely knowledgable about both the history and geology of the island and even made it interesting for our 14 year old son. We visited places not covered by other tours and as a small group the personal touch was just right. He had an abundance of stories about trolls and vikings which with the icelandic snacks kept all of us interested between stops. He dropped and collected us from snowmobiling and really went out of his way to make everything easy and special.
We were so impressed that we booked Gunnsi again for an electric bike tour of Reykjavic and again enjoyed his vast knowledge and easy style.
Thanks Gunnsi!

Visited May 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
“Fantastic bike tour despite the gale force winds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Our electric bike tour of Reykjavik was probably the highlight of our trip to Iceland. After having done a horseback riding tour earlier that day in the freezing cold and driving winds, we weren't exactly thrilled at the prospect of a bike tour in the same weather conditions, but once we met Tyffi and started on our way, we immediately knew we were in for a great afternoon and never regretted our tour for a second.

The electric bikes made the tour very easy. We zipped around town with ease and stopped very often along the way to hear about all the landmarks throughout the city. Every stop had an interesting story to go with it, and Tyffi didn't just rattle off a scripted description of dates and events. He really brought everything to life with a candid discussion of the historical significance of everything we were seeing. It was more like a conversation than an organized tour.

A particular highlight of the tour was the stop at Perlan, where we sat together and had some tea and coffee and learned more about Iceland's recent struggles and recovery from the perspective of someone who's actually seeing it firsthand.

If their other tours are anything like the electric bike tour we took, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of the tours they offer. If we had had more time there, we probably would have looked for something else to do with them just because our experience was so positive.

Visited May 2011
BC
15 attraction reviews
“The Best small group tour company I have ever experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

I have travelled a fair amount and usually use private guides or small group tours. Season Tours is the best. We had Tyffi as our guide for the Golden Circle and the dinner tour. He was very personable and accommodating. The weather was variable and, in fact, downright bad a couple days of our trip. Tyffi was understanding and we had to make changes at the last minute. I enjoyed the Golden Circle tour being just the two of us and Tyffi. We didn't have the sheep herding experience you get with a large tour bus tour. Tyffi was informative and interested in hearing about us. The dinner tour was outstanding. We had a tour of the city and suburbs. Went food shopping and went to his home to experience a multi course dinner of icelandic cuisine. We got to taste a lot of things we would not have tasted in a restaurant and found out that I like the "unusual" food. I wish I could get some of the foods back here in Vancouver. Alas, I will just have to go back to Iceland to experience them again. I have already recommended Season Tours to people I know who are travelling to Iceland this summer.

Visited April 2011