“Comfy, homey, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Our House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Reykjavik
Our House
Karastigur 12, Reykjavik 101, Iceland (Miõborg)   |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Comfy, homey, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Located near the cathedral, this hostel is in a great location. Bedda is so welcoming, and you can really make yourself at home here. Nice to meet other travelers and compare notes. It was the perfect place to land after being on the road.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our House was the perfect place to stay in Reykjavik. Bedda goes out of her way to make you welcome and ensure you have a great time in Iceland. She provides everything you need, and more, including ear plugs and eye masks (if you're a light sleeper), as well as free wifi and use of computers. The rooms are basic, but very comfortable, and there is an assortment of free things to use, ranging from shower gel to biscuits, some left by previous guests and some provided by Bedda. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and everyone I met loved it there. I shall definitely stay there again, if I'm lucky enough to return to Iceland, and am already recommending Our House to my friends. Thankyou Bedda for such a fabulous stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We love Our House!!!! My friend and I stayed there three nights as a home base while we did the Golden Circle tour, South Coast tour and Blue lagoon. Our stay was fantastic and it will be our first choice when we go back to Iceland. The entire house, from the kitchen to the sun room, to the bedrooms and bathrooms, is extremely cozy and cute. We stayed in Iceland for 10 nights and I think Our House had the most comfortable beds and pillows.....also clean, clean, clean!

The decorations and design are very homey, artistic, creative and intelligent...just like the photos on their website depict. :) Overall, the place feels ....like home, actually better!! Classy mid-century and up furniture, and great quality wood work...impressive for a country that has few trees.

Before our stay, I emailed Bedda a bunch of times and she responded with great advice and helpful information, including places to eat, things to see, car rental info, how to get there, etc. There is a live in caretaker, Ernesto, who helped us with all our travel needs and questions. He booked a tour for us, made dinner reservations for us, looked over our itinerary and provided us with recommendations for our trip around the country. He is extremely kind, so down to earth and friendly.

We found the location of Our House to be perfect. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go including Harpa, The Fish Company, the Sea Baron, Seafood Grill,
Hallgrímskirkja church, Haiti Cafe...which, by the way, were all awesome.

Other great features: the sauna, great water from the refrigerator (I'm a water snob and wanted to take some home), basic breakfast included every morning, free laundry, wi-fi and use of their computers, complimentary ear plugs, a collection of adapters for charging batteries, phones, etc, travel books and maps. Everyone we met there was so friendly. It was fun to meet others and share itineraries and experiences.

The selfish part of me wants to keep Our House a secret but more than that I want to share how great Our House is I would love to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
North Yorshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Having nearly had a nervous trying to find any place for a reasonable price, booked Our House. The bedrooms are basic BUT the ambience of the place is off the scale. It is probable that there is no other place in Iceland, in the same category, as good as this. The place is set up to provide everything you need. Sauna, showers, corner Jacuzzi bath etc. Kitchen has a huge fridge/freezer full of basics for breakfast - which you make yourself from a good choice of cereals, breads and jams available. Nice sun lounge, Tv lounge, dining kitchen. Could go on and on. Very impressed.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I loved it here. Bedda makes you feel immediately at home in her warm, spanking clean, cosy and beautiful house, and she has an excellent system for everything from breakfast, nightlife tips, bathroom use, electronics, and even earplugs and eye masks if you need help sleeping! The location is unbeatable, there's always nice music playing, and as a bonus the other guests tend to be considerate and interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would be thrilled to return. Thanks for your lovely hospitality, Bedda! :)

• Stayed August 2013
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed at Our House last summer & recently have been daydreaming of returning to Reykjavik & to Our House. Bedda was a wonderful host, the house is perfectly located, and the atmosphere is so very cozy! The breakfast was awesome, the all-day coffee kept me going, and the sauna helped me wind down at the end of a busy day. The rooftop patio was great... when I woke up at 3AM one night I popped outside & hung out on the patio until I was sleepy again. Cafe Babalu right down the street is yummy, I think I ate there at least 3 times. I highly recommend Our House for your stay in Reykjavik!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed at Our House in April as a couple when we first got to Iceland before going around the country. We couldn't recommend it higher! Bedda the owner was away for the weekend, but Ernesto was really welcoming, showing us everything that we needed, giving us recommendations of bars, music, restaurants and more. The room was perfect for what we needed, comfortable and warm. The house itself is brilliant with the kitchen well stocked for breakfast and anything that you could want to cook. The bathrooms are great, and we especially liked the decoration and little book in the bathroom upstairs (if you go, you should have a look, it's really something). It was definitely the best place we stayed on our whole trip, and the best guesthouse that i've ever come across. We will be back again at some point in the future for the Northern Lights and couldn't recommend it more.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Our House? Share your experiences!