“The Only Hug I Recieved In Iceland!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Our House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Reykjavik
Our House
You added Our House to your Saves list
Karastigur 12, Reykjavik 101, Iceland (Miõborg)   |
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Only Hug I Recieved In Iceland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Bedda is awesome. Full stop. My boyfriend and I stayed for our last night in Iceland and she was definitely the warmest and nicest person we met on the whole trip. She even gave us a hug on arrival! The house is super fun, lots of cool little vintage knick-knacks in all the rooms. The kitchen very orderly (it even had an expresso maker!) and there is a sauna in the basement if one fanices it. The living room is a nice sunroom with a softly-playing record player which gave the house a very homely feel. Also, it couldn't be in a better location - only seconds away from the main street. AND THEN, to top it off - by far the cheapest accommodation in the city! If every guesthouse in the whole world was like this one, I would cut my lease early on my flat in DC and travel 24/7 :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I don't even know where to begin, but this is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Bedda and Ernesto are so warm and welcoming. It's the perfect location, squeaky clean, free self serve breakfast, and did I mention jacuzzi and sauna?? Love the records that they play during the day in the sun room (my favourite room) and enjoyed very quiet nights to get restful sleep. I was very sad to leave and it's one huge reason to bring me back to Iceland!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here for three nights and couldn't have been happier. We always look for quirky and different places - not your mainstream hotels = boring!! The price was reasonable and the location was awesome. Bedda and Ernesto were extremely helpful in everything from helping us plan our days to making reservations at recommended restaurants. The decor in the place was quirky and fun. Breakfast every morning was self serve, and had plenty of items to fill you up. It felt like going to someone's home to stay for a few days. There were only two showers in the whole place, which I admit, I was worried about. However, we never had an issue. When we return to Iceland someday, we will return here as well! Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

One of the best places to stay at. Homely and welcoming, Our House has a great homely feel to it (and that's not really surprising, as the hostel is really a house). It also helps that Bedda and her caretaker Ernesto are one of the friendliest people you can find. They didn't hesitate in assisting us when we had problems and they would also offer great recommendations for travel around Reykjavik and Iceland as a whole.

Rooms are comfy, clean and no frills, and they come in two-man rooms to five-man ones, whichever suits your needs better. Lockers are provided free of charge for those who want to keep their things safe. Toilets are also clean and spacious. For days that are not too cold, you may want to spend the time relaxing on the rooftop when taking a break from walking around Reykjavik.

Washing machines and dryers are provided and free, so too is breakfast, which comes pretty well-stocked. The hostel is located in a convenient, but quiet part of the city just round the corner from Hallgrimskirkja, that famous tall church on top of the hill. It's also walking distance from shops and dining, and about 10 minutes' walk from the city centre.

You won't regret ever living here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Bedda is amazing. Most vibrant person. Me, my gf and a friend came here. And it is a home away from home. Hands down the reason im coming back to iceland. Ernesto is the housekeeper. Biggest character. Easy to meet people. Great breakfast and no "times" you have to eat breakfast by. Love it

• Stayed July 2012
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I dont even know where to start. This place was great. I was able to relax when I wanted, but still hang out and meet plenty of great new people. Ernesto the caretaker could not have been more helpful. He printed out bus schedules for me and marked exactly what my options were for heading out to hike Mt Esja. It is really is like you're staying at a friends house in Reykjavik.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Scottish Borders
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I would return tomorrow if I could. Bedda and her caretaker Ernesto provide the warmest welcome anyone could imagine. Our House is a home from home, quirky, fun and stuffed full of amazing things, entertainment (were it needed) and information. Ideally located for the centre of Reykjavik, but without the noise, and very easy to find. Just like Iceland, it totally rocks! Follow on FB for regular updates.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Our House? Share your experiences!