“If you want to stay in your home away from home I would highly recommend Our House.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Our House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Reykjavik
Our House
You added Our House to your Saves list
Karastigur 12, Reykjavik 101, Iceland (Miõborg)   |
Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011 via mobile

Can't say enough about how pleased were with staying at Our House. Two thumbs and two big toes up, our biggest disappointment is that we couldn't stay longer. Highlights were sun tanning on the deck drinking limitless espresso, Bedda's hospitality and ernesto's help with directions and recommendations. If I had no budget I would stay here again, beats any hotel. Thanks Bedda, she who walks on fire!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at.... in the world!
There is endless coffee, a sauna in the basement, Ernest from Spain works here and he is an absolute delight to deal with. Bedda - the house owner is the cutest Icelandic person I have ever met and she is oh! so sweet she just might make you some traditional Icelandic porridge.
Breakfast is included, there is a rooftop terrace and bicycle to take whenever you like.
The house atmosphere is so cozy with delightful decor and a black cat lazing around in the sunroom.
I would come back to stay at this hostel any day! In fact, I wish that I lived there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have stayed in many hostels but nothing like this one. First of all, Bedda and Ernesto are amazing, super friendly, eager to help you, funny, positive energy. The hostel itself is VERY clean, safe, and provides many luxuries like laundry, sauna, jacuzzi, free internet, the list goes on. But what makes this place even sweeter is the cozy atmosphere that brings travelers together like no other hostel I have stayed at. Awesome....will come here over and over...thanks Bedda!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

If you are looking for a memorable, affordable, and flat-out amazing place to stay in Reykjavik, you must stay here! Bedda is a superb host, she will make you feel so welcome. I stayed in a dorm room which was very comfortable with ample space. Everything is very clean. The kitchen space is excellent, and I cooked a lot of meals here saving me a lot of money in this very expensive (yet awesome) city. The other five or so guests while Iw was there were very friendly - we went out together a couple of nights - and it felt a bit like a pan-international hostel with a very personal vibe. Bedda also includes a delicious self-serve breakfast which helped me get the day off right. Bedda also put up recommendations for things to do each night, even though Reykjavik is a small city, there are a lot of concerts, screenings etc. every night and it was helpful to figure out what are the best things to do. Free use of Internet too. I can't recommend this place enough - if you're looking for one of the best accommodations you'll ever come across while backpacking around the world or on a long weekend getaway, stay here!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Our House is like staying at friend away from home. If that friend was really funky, switched on and happened to have a lovely house in the city's coolest area with a sauna, jacuzzi, and absolutely all the creature comforts one could hope for. Granted the rooms are on the small side and 5 star luxury they aren't but that's not what this is about. If you are looking for a great base in Reykjavik with a fantastic hostess to boot then this is the place.

• Stayed May 2011
bedford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Our house really exceeded my expectations. Not only when I was there, but the general travel advice given to me before arriving in Iceland, Bedda really is a star! Its not big, essentially the owner's house converted into a hostel, but that's the appeal. It's in an ideal location, the facilities are excellent, clean and homely. I cant praise this place enough!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011 via mobile

There's not much more I can say about Ourhouse apart from the fact that you must stay here next time you visit Reykjavik. You won't find one single place in that city that comes close to the warmth & hospitality that this place exudes. It's not only the best hostel that I've stayed in, it's the best accommodation I've stayed in, full stop. I can only implore you to stay a few nights here, you won't regret it!

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Our House? Share your experiences!