“Cheap dive bar with great burgers, fries and onion rings.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vitabar

Vitabar
Bergporugotu 21, Reykjavik, Iceland (Háaleiti)
551 7200
Improve this listing
Ranked #96 of 321 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Háaleiti
Description: http://www.grapevine.is/Food/ReadArticle/Vitabar
Roskilde, Denmark
“Cheap dive bar with great burgers, fries and onion rings.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I always find ourselves at Vitabar for a burger, fries, onion rings and tall beers. You order at the bar. The place hasn't changed in many years. The burger goes down easy and the onion rings are great on the side - easily the best onion rings I've had outside the US. In Reykjavik you can't beat the price.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Reykjavik
“Unrivalled blue-cheese & garlic infused burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The blue cheese burger is named Gleym-mér-ey (forget-me-not) and that's exactly what happens. At least I keep coming back for more and highly recommend it. Love passionate hamburger joints :)

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“I will forget-you-not”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

After viewing the reviews here, we decided to visit Vitabar on our second day of our visit in Iceland. We had read a lot about the "forget-me-not" burger which is a nice thick burger with blue cheese on. When we walked in, the first thing which hits you is how cosy and warm the place feels, it's not a big bar, and it's certainly not one of these really upper-class posh places where everything costs a lot and you might feel on edge. Instead, it was very welcoming, I would say it seems rather "anything goes", if you get what I mean. We sat down and both (my partner and I) ordered the burger we had read so much about, along with a large fries. The prices were rather cheap and it only took a few minutes to come out. It looked like the burger was done medium-rare and it seemed like really good quality meat. The food tasted fantastic. With the meal is the standard salt and tomato sauce for your chips, but there is some orange kind of salt which looked interesting. I had some of that on my chips and wow, it's really really good. I spent some time trying to find out what exactly that stuff is but still can't find out, but that's worth a try while you are there. We were that impressed with the meal that we went back for a second time during out visit. Very nice, friendly, warm and welcoming.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great beer and burgers, superb value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

After reading reviews on Tripadvisor, I knew that I wanted to visit Vitabar. I wasn't disappointed: my burger was delicious, and the meal was really good value. We visited on a Sunday afternoon, and the place was full of Icelanders hanging out - it's always a good sign when a bar is full of locals. Very friendly and unpretentious.

Visited February 2014
Edinburgh
“Great Burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We ate here twice (!) on our recent trip. Lovely burgers, especially blue cheese. Good chips and crispy onion rings. Friendly staff and really good value for a family meal. Kids loved the giant cans of coke! Would definitely recommend if you want a relaxed meal out on a budget.

• Visited October 2013